View Full Version : Rule at the drag stip need some help

turbo.trex
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Well I have a shell of Z28 maro but it has T tops ..want to make 9,second high 8,s !)
1)Do they let you run that fast with T tops I will put in a roll cage

2) what is the best unit to put in the car 8 point 10 point
3)The rear end Ford 9 ? or whats the best rear end ?
4)trans auto set up ?

I hate to see when some one pulls up to the line and break :bang: :gtfo:
I want to set the car up right the first time
thanks

02NBMWS6
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Def go with an auto, TH400 or Powerglide. You will need a 10 point cage, and the t-tops will not be an issue once you have your cage installed, as well as the accompanying safety equipment. Use a Fabricated 9in rear end with a locker or a spool.

and get ready to spend some serious cash!

406malibu
09-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Def go with an auto, TH400 or Powerglide. You will need a 10 point cage, and the t-tops will not be an issue once you have your cage installed, as well as the accompanying safety equipment. Use a Fabricated 9in rear end with a locker or a spool.

and get ready to spend some serious cash!

+1 as with t-tops, they wont care, but i have seen some 9 second cars with t-tops/sunroofs that pop out at high speeds because the car twisted up so bad

turbo.trex
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks who in dfw or in Tx that do good rear ends and the best way to set the rear half set up thanks for .Some ideas :D

02NBMWS6
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks who in dfw or in Tx that do good rear ends and the best way to set the rear half set up thanks for .Some ideas :D

Call Burkhart Chassis, and order their Fab 9 or call Moser and order their M9. Then order every rear suspension component that Burkhart or UMI make, as well as subframe connectors. job done.

HAMRHEAD
09-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Not sure how familiar you are with the NHRA rules but get ready to spend quite the amount on safety equipment. Once you break 9.99 you need a lot and they will make sure you have it at the tech in. Best of luck with the build!

Fast_94_Z
09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
what are your goals as far as time? definately call burkhart chassis and order there fab nine. get ready to spend a hell of a lot of cash. your going to need a hell of a suspension.