Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuelab regulators

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuelab regulators

Are the fuelab regulators good with forced induction? I am looking to make around 1000rwhp at the max, but for 99% of the time it will be tuned down to 750-800rwhp, will the fuelab regulator support my fuel needs? If so, I am running -8 fuel line so should I get the regulator with the -6 inlet and use and adapter to step up to my -8 lines? OR get the regulator with the -10 inlets and use an adapted to step it down to my -8 lines?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm nowhere near that power level, or even forced induction for that matter, but my Fuelabs regulator has worked very well on my N/A setup (-6 inlets and outlets). If you get one, I'd get the largest fitting sizes they offer and go from there. From what I can tell, they are a good company, and when I called with a question like this, they were very friendly on the phone. You might try giving them a call.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be aware many -6 regulators are for sport compact applications which are designed for less return flow & may not be happy with a huge pump. Check their capacity first.

A -6 line to the regulator is all you need.

Keep in mind the regulator only has to return the fuel to the tank, not flow all the fuel through it to feed the motor.... but a huge race pump flows a lot of fuel when the motor is not using it.

Most regulators only have an approx 1/8" orifice to return the fuel through them to the tank.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be running twin 255lph in tank walbros and have seen many turbo guys run 800-1000hp with a -6 return line, and those exact pumps.

Quick Reply: fuelab regulators