Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Clean Fox LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Super Clean Fox LS swap

About a month ago I was going to start a beater mustang LS1 swap... The more I looked at that ugly *** car the more I just wanted to dig a hole in my backfield and bury it.

I found this super clean 92 Mustang GT that I will be putting in a 5.3 with twin turbo's. I picked up the 5.3 this afternoon and I already have the turbo kit which was bought for my Corvette. If I get some time this weekend i'm going to start instaling the motor, trans and mounting the twins. Once everything is done and fitted i'm going to pull the motor out to do the heads, cam and intake swap while the engine bay is being painted.

Here is a frw pictures of the Mustang when I brought it home. I have been getting the crap bashed out of me on other sites for putting a LS motor in this clean Mustang.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

i prefer notches but this is one one of the nicest hatches i've seen, and your not kidding when you say clean. what does it have done and what does it run now?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
I have been getting the crap bashed out of me on other sites for putting a LS motor in this clean Mustang.
people dont understand its just a car, theres millions of fox bodies... any retard can hack up a car regardless of the powerplant so as long as its clean theres nothing wrong with it.

and at least its not a "four eye" car... people really hate when those get GM powerplants...
Old 09-05-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not make a good car even better with a ls engine. I think it will be a nice setup. Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

I don't see why ford people are pissed off... 5.0s are tough to make power on the stock bottom end on. LSX dumdumdum. (this coming from a mustang fan- I just happen to like 4.6s and LSXs better.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by defenestrate
i prefer notches but this is one one of the nicest hatches i've seen, and your not kidding when you say clean. what does it have done and what does it run now?
I bought it rolling with no motor or tranny but it had a supercharged 331 in it.

I will get the list of suspension up-grades posted... there was too many to remember.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looks kickass, its gonna haul
Old 09-05-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lt4malibu
and at least its not a "four eye" car... people really hate when those get GM powerplants...
What's the appeal of the four-eye 'stang? I've never understood that.

And also, very nice starting base, looks pretty slick already!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by themachasy
I don't see why ford people are pissed off... 5.0s are tough to make power on the stock bottom end on. LSX dumdumdum. (this coming from a mustang fan- I just happen to like 4.6s and LSXs better.
Im not brand loyal...I have a 95 Mustang that will be getting an LSx swap! Went from starting to build a single turbo 4.6 B-head with Teksid block...to selling it to build a single turbo 351W to getting rid of that to now wanting to do an LSx swap....Why did I scrap building the Ford motors? plain and simple, it was going to get expensive!! The LSx motors make sense HP per $!

BAD CHAD: Awesome car to start your swap with!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by themachasy
what do you consider hard? i've got 2 close friends that both take junkyard 5.0's slap some used heads, intake, header, exhaust on it and a used cam in it hit it with a 90shot with slicks and a 5g dump 11.4 lol. they've basically built their car for like 2g's including the price of the car. sohc 4.6's take alot more money to make fast than 5.0's. garbage imo. that stang is clean but im with whoever said they are notch fans i love me a notchback.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Man that is one clean *** GT..Its going to be a sweet *** car..
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is a few pictures of the motor I picked up today... I don't know what the wife did with my Camera so I had to take these with my phone. I will get some better ones tomorrow.

My brother is going to come over tomorrow and we are going to take the nose and fenders off and hopefully get the motor inplace.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the comments, it is a sick *** looking car.

I though my wife was going to make me sleep in the shop when I told her I bought the car. Now that she seen it I think she really likes it. I got offered 2k more than I aid for it and when I told her she said I better not sell it... LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is there a compamy that makes the motor mounts or just fab some up and be done with it?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned Village Idiot

nice!!! keep us posted with this...
i justed to have a Fox like that, great looking car!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
nice!!! keep us posted with this...
i justed to have a Fox like that, great looking car!!!
Thanks, I was not planning on buying a car BUT **** happens and the next thing you know the car is sitting in the Garage. LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned Village Idiot

lol tell me about it...
Old 09-06-2008, 02:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

dude, I have been a die hard Ford fan since I could walk. the LS is basically a Ford engine anyway, I mean Yates helped design the ******. I am putting one in my mustang.
clean car and cool setup. I can't wait to see it done.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Qwiknotch
dude, I have been a die hard Ford fan since I could walk. the LS is basically a Ford engine anyway, I mean Yates helped design the ******. I am putting one in my mustang.
clean car and cool setup. I can't wait to see it done.
Glad I am not the only one. Anyone who knows me can tell you what I think of GM....and lets just say it aint good. None the less.

BadChad...Uhhhhh....can I have the mustang you are tired of looking at? If it is ugly, I will take it off of your hands and you will never see it again.

By the way, what is the big deal with sticking these engines in mustangs? Is it because GM has the largest pile of crap interrior ever?

Chris
Old 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Is there a compamy that makes the motor mounts or just fab some up and be done with it?
AJE makes a kmember with mounts for a direct bolt in of an LS1, i think it's $349 for kmember w/mounts. Lots of guys on this site seem to be using it. What does it have for a kmember in there now, stock?

Love the car, super clean, will make a great ride when done. What brand of TT kit is that? You'll have to keep us updated how it all works. I've got a '93 Notchback i plan to stick either a 5.3 or 6.0 in it, and i had a dream last night about doing a twin turbo setup. lol.

Quick Reply: Super Clean Fox LS swap