LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help with ScanMaster codes..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help with ScanMaster codes..

I'm shooting codes 63 and 13 which i know have to do with the left bank and the O2, so i'm wondering if just switching out the left O2 will fix it.. Its a 94 Z28 so it only has two O2's...
Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

63 is the right bank. Check for wiring (ex. burnt wires, etc) then if everythings ok, replace the sensor
Old 09-07-2008, 03:19 AM
TECH Regular

So i switched the O2 at work this morning and reset the computer which reset the codes, car ran great for a bit, after about 65 miles it started acting up again.. Then it started acting really stupid coming off the line t was spitting and sputtering until i hit about 2,400 RPM.. Took it to a friends house and ended up re-adjusting the rollers, giving it more fuel and ended up figuring out the the GMS mass air is bad, so now my car is running in speed density mode lol.. So after finding all this later when taking the car out i noticed my battery wasn't charging which i found to be my fault by not plugging the alternator back in.. Then later i had this little tick that seemed to keep getting worse as i drove, well that ended up being that my left rear tire some how didn't get put on tight enough lol.. To top it off after tightening the lugs the car wouldn't start cause my buddy only did the battery cables finger tight lol.. Some how this car got me back to laramie tonight which was another 65 miles.. I give this car a new engine and i think it hates me lol..
Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Junkie

SPEED DENSITY dumdumdum!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

i think when i get tuned i'm going with a speed density tune.. i hate thid damn mass air...
Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

You need to start paying attention and stop making mistakes.

I'm just sayin', y'know?

Giving up on the MAF is throwing away millions of dollars of GM research and engineering. Not what I would consider a smart choice, especially after thousands (millions) of guys before you have made it work just fine.

Not ragging on you, just suggesting you think about it before making a hasty decision that will compromise what you've got.

Best -- Gary
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z48LT-1
You need to start paying attention and stop making mistakes.

I'm just sayin', y'know?

Giving up on the MAF is throwing away millions of dollars of GM research and engineering. Not what I would consider a smart choice, especially after thousands (millions) of guys before you have made it work just fine.

Not ragging on you, just suggesting you think about it before making a hasty decision that will compromise what you've got.

Best -- Gary
Exactly what I was thinking...
Old 09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

I only say that because not only has my car had mass air problems but my brothers car and a couple of my buddies have all had problems with these things for some reason.. Hell it might be the altitude but i don't think so..

Quick Reply: Need help with ScanMaster codes..