Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 FAST Install Questions?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 FAST Install Questions?

First can you use the seals of your stock intake on it since the intake didn't come with any.. (they fit on the intake already put half of them on)

8 of the 10 intake to head bolts where already on the intake when I opened it with nuts on the bottom do you take the nuts off and bolt it to the heads or whats the deal? why are there nuts on them?

also got the 3/8 fuel disconnect tool but iv never been able to separate the line from the rail doesnt matter how hard I push/pull

Old 09-07-2008, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's cheap insurance to replace the intake gaskets while everything is apart.

Take the nuts off, my 90/90 was the same way when I got it.

The fuel line can be a pain in the nuts, make sure you push the tool in all the way. Hold the tool and line with one hand and with the other pull the opposite side out(if that makes any sense )
Old 09-07-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ou dont HAVE to disconnect the fuel line, unless your adding new fuel-rails. Just take the fuel rail's off of the intake before you pull the intake. Just swing the fuel rails over to the side out of the way. Done it this way a million times...
Old 09-07-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blk00ss
ou dont HAVE to disconnect the fuel line, unless your adding new fuel-rails. Just take the fuel rail's off of the intake before you pull the intake. Just swing the fuel rails over to the side out of the way. Done it this way a million times...
just figured it might = easier to put it on.. i just moved it out of the way on the windshield for my LT1 car
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was told by Thunder Racing that the FAST should be installed with new gaskets becasue the new gaskets made by FAST are thicker and seal better, but im sure the stockers are ok to use.

I took the nuts off of mine when I installed it.

My fuel line comes off no problem...and iver taken it off quite often chevking my valvetrain. just make sure the tool fits inside the hose end, then push the hose on(like you were installing it) and pull it back and it should come off easy. Just make sure to push tthe two together(tool and hose end)and not just push the tool in because that wont work.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

ended up using the stock gaskets we will see if it leaks I guess.. some parts where they set against the head got kinda thin but i cleaned them and put'm on torqued it down correctly as well too so hopefully she works out

the instructions from fast talked about some kind sleeve for the back 5 bolts? I just put all 10 bolts/washers in with locktite and it set on there just fine

Search this Thread