Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed me a Cobra and a Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed me a Cobra and a Lexus

Coppied this from my local forum.

So yesterday me and my buddy were just out crusing. Going down in front of auto row when a black vert 03-04 Cobra is coming towards us and when he gets right next to us he gives it a nice rev. Sounded NICE. So fast forward to last night around 10 or so. Going down Court street into town. Come up behind this black Cobra again or he passed me or something I cant really remember. I kinda follow him and we end up out by the dealerships agian. We are side by side coming around the curve I hear him get on it so I do. He let off for whatever reason about the time I got in it. I hear him get back in it and hear the supercharger go to work. I see him pull back up on me but I stay ahead and then leave him. I think he missed a shift or so he said. My buddy was behind us and said it didnt sound like he missed a shift. I kept just over a fender on him tho. Wins a win! It was a black 03-04 vert Cobra. Had chrome cobra inserts in the rear bumper. I knew his buddy from local shows. Asked what exauhst I have and said sound really niice.

Killed a bluish Lexus SC300 Coupe earlier this summer. Me and a buddy were cruising around when this car just flys up on my ***. Kept hearing the blow off valve. He just kept on my *** or would block me in behind a car. He passed me around Pizza Hut, we came up to the light at Mc Donalds and it was open road out of town. I got behind him came around some car in the left lane gunned it to get up next to him and let off a bit to make it a bit of a fair race but when I let off he dropped the hammer so I get back in it. Started at maybe a 40-45 mph role just passed the stop light. I flew by him before the stop light at Steak n' Shake and put about a car on him. Then I see him just dive off into the parking lot between Applebee's and Verizon. I looked down and we were doing lilke 85 lol. I turned around and came back up on him just cruising thru town.

The Lexus has apparently a 1JZ Twin Turbo swap.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

nice kills..was the vert modded?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
IF he heard the S/C then yeah. Plus he said it was at least exhaust.

Good kills.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
Originally Posted by ponygt65
IF he heard the S/C then yeah. Plus he said it was at least exhaust.

Good kills.

thanks! that gave me a little laugh........hearing the blower on a cobra doesnt mean it was modded......you know the blowers are loud when bone stock right????

you should know this.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by willthethrill
thanks! that gave me a little laugh........hearing the blower on a cobra doesnt mean it was modded......you know the blowers are loud when bone stock right????

you should know this.
Um, yep....you're right...a bone stock, Eaton setup on a cobra is loud as hell over an aftermarket exhaust. Not including the 4th Gen's exhaust.

You're getting quite annoying Will.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Ya the only mods I know of is the exhaust. And the Lexus is single turbo not twin I found out.