Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DMS springs? If not that then Goldline?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMS springs? If not that then Goldline?

I have heard rumors that you can't buy DMS springs anymore? I've went to their site and sent an email. About 1 min later I received a failure notice. So what's up they no longer are in business. Just my Fn luck. I'm finally ready to lower my car, found the perfect height and can't get a hold of these springs.

The other option I was looking at was Goldline. I've seen a lot of positive feedback from reading past reviews, searching through the forum and stickys. I'd like to hear some current newer feedback tho if possible. I'm looking for a 1.5 inch drop. I know DMS was around 1.3 but they look lower than that. Anyways any feedback on this subject is appreciated.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes DMS is out of business. I would wait for Sam to get in another shipment of his springs.

What is the rate on the Goldlines?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Goldlines are 400/200 if I remember correctly.
You can call them directly they will tell you anything you want to know.
I will have a set of them off the car soon and up for sale.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I checked out Sam Strano's site, and a few threads on tech here. The guy definitely knows his stuff I just don't want to waste the guys time LOL. I kinda know what I want now. It was either the DMS's or Goldlines. A guy from a local car club runs goldlines, and since I've seen the car in person I know they're for me. DMS springs were the only exception but that stinks that they don't make them anymore. They were my #1 pick. Thanks for the feedback. That answers my question.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/963624-what-shocks-dms-springs.html

Check out that thread, it has a link to the springs. I don't know if it's the same sight you went to, but give them a call.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

When did this happen? I just got a set of DMS Springs like a month ago...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id call sam and see what he recommends, he will point you in the right direction. i talked with him last friday and he made it seem like it may be a long wait for his springs, if he can even get them again. he recommended the LT1 Eibach Pro-kit for me since it seems they are about the closest to his springs as far as rates go.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got a set of DMS springs like 3-4 weeks ago. Same thing happened to me with the email, so I just called. Phone number works and I've had them on for three weeks. My front dropped like 1.8-1.9 inches and the rear only dropped .75 inches. i still have to figure out why the rear didnt drop more.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have DMS springs. I like the drop but always wanted the rear just alittle bit lower, been thinking of getting the Pro Kit
Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
I just got a set of DMS springs like 3-4 weeks ago. Same thing happened to me with the email, so I just called. Phone number works and I've had them on for three weeks. My front dropped like 1.8-1.9 inches and the rear only dropped .75 inches. i still have to figure out why the rear didnt drop more.
I stand corrected but I was considering DMS in November of 07 and their phone was dead and got no reply from email along with a couple other guys I knew trying. I heard they were OOB so I went with Strano which was my first choice anyway. Never looked back and have no regrets.

Quick Reply: DMS springs? If not that then Goldline?