PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners: Already have a license and asked to get another!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question HP Tuners: Already have a license and asked to get another!

I had 8 credits on my HP tuners program, now it shows 6 and that I definetly have a license. When I try to write changes to the tune and/or car's VCM I get an error/Attention! message that asks me to get another license. I will not click it since it will use 2 more credits, which I have already used and registered properly. What can I do to correct this glitch?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check to make sure that the license that your two credits are applied to matches the VIN of the vehcile you're trying to load, as well as VIN in the PCM, and the VIN of the File. You can do that by connecting the MPVi box to your laptop, opening HPTuner's Editor, click the little button that looks like a "dialog" balloon with an "i" in it, then in the new window that pops open, hit that button again. The only other reason it'd ask you for more credits is if you changed to one of the custom operating systems offered by HPTuners.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ first check to make sure your VIN matches that in HPTuners

when I bought HPT I downloaded and installed the software before the cable was delivered. I opened up a few stock and modified tunes from hpt's forum and this forum and noticed it could be easy for someone not really paying attention to lock two credits to one of those tunes and that VIN number. Did you do something like this or did you download the tune from your car and apply the credits to that tune?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vjo90rs8
^^^ first check to make sure your VIN matches that in HPTuners

when I bought HPT I downloaded and installed the software before the cable was delivered. I opened up a few stock and modified tunes from hpt's forum and this forum and noticed it could be easy for someone not really paying attention to lock two credits to one of those tunes and that VIN number. Did you do something like this or did you download the tune from your car and apply the credits to that tune?
I installed everything at the same time. I did not copy any tunes, the tune was done at a shop, then I bought HP Tuners and then had access to it to modify it. He did not lock his tune. I downloaded the tune in my car (not stock) and applied the 2 credits to it. We even tried saving it as another tune and it does not work this way either. I just don't want to use 2 more credits. HP Tuners wants a scan log every time something goes wrong and this is costing me too much time not racing at the track.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
I installed everything at the same time. I did not copy any tunes, the tune was done at a shop, then I bought HP Tuners and then had access to it to modify it. He did not lock his tune. I downloaded the tune in my car (not stock) and applied the 2 credits to it. We even tried saving it as another tune and it does not work this way either. I just don't want to use 2 more credits. HP Tuners wants a scan log every time something goes wrong and this is costing me too much time not racing at the track.
If its already been tuned, does it maybe have a custom OS applied? That would require another credit...........
Old 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
If its already been tuned, does it maybe have a custom OS applied? That would require another credit...........
What is a custom OS? The tuner said he left the tune where we could modify it. When we bought the program, it said 8 credits, then we downloaded the tune and used 2 credits. Would the OS take 2 MORE credits? Seems like a rip to me!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

If the shop used one of the custom OS's such as the Enhanced SD or Enhanced MAF OS's. If you want, email me the file you have and I can take a look.

sales@1320hp.com
Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could be one of several things that is causing the issue, if you send the file our software is asking you to license along with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question to support at hptuners.com we can easily determine what the issue is. You could also post the files here and I'll be more than happy to look them over via the forum

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

My bet is Custom OS. Click on Calibration Details for info. Your Tuner might have applied a 1 Bar SD tune or different. Click on the HP logo on VCM Editor and you can see the different OS options. if one of them says licensed then you need two more credits . Unless you get your stock tune and do a WRITE Entire.

Correct me if i'm wrong guys.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Club
My bet is Custom OS. Click on Calibration Details for info. Your Tuner might have applied a 1 Bar SD tune or different. Click on the HP logo on VCM Editor and you can see the different OS options. if one of them says licensed then you need two more credits . Unless you get your stock tune and do a WRITE Entire.

Correct me if i'm wrong guys.
Thats what it turned out to be.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners: Already have a license and asked to get another!