Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Calling All Street Racers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Calling All Street Racers

So I have to write a research paper for my online classes. I decided to take up the topic of street racing and ways to help reduce the problem. The topic is pretty lame, but over the last few years there has been many wrecks and deaths because of street racing.

So I would like to interview someone who has been in the street racing scene for a bit. It would be nice if you were also involved in some "Organized Street Races" so I can bring that up in my paper. Some of the questions I'm going to ask are going to seem like I dislike/hate street racing - but in order for me to write a fair paper I have to see the argument from both sides so please understand.

It would be nice to do the interview over AIM has it is really easy to read and save those conversations.

If anyone is willing to be interviewed, please let me know on here or a PM.

Your name will be kept confidential

Thanks guys.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of people are going to be suspicious of your motives.
The whole Import movement was partially respsonsible for many of the incidences that we have seen recently. racing in traffic, on busy streets equals poor exposure for the rest. Not sure why it happened but it did.

Back when I started racing, it was on in the middle of nowhere. If you were close to houses and they complained, the cops would sometimes ask you to move and not harrass you. There was no or very little drinking. People were there for the racing, nothing else. Now days forget it, people racing through the middle of traffic, endangering everybody.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Like TT632 said.. Late nights .. way out in no where .. having a little fun

these days .. everyone wants to be in fast and furious.. in the middle of rush hour???

So there are several differnt types ... from the

Real Street racers..( your never see them .. ur junks too slow) Min. danger to any one but drivers

Insane street racers ( race anything anytime IF conditions are right, day or night) can be very dangerous depending on drivers, conditions .. but can be 2nd safest racers

Part-time street racers.. go to SR events some times, but talks **** on internets mostly ( little danger to public, mostly to his front teeth) this type driver is only dangerous if accually racing ..

Want-a-be's and Ricers Cars ....are show cars or simple POS'S.. Cars with FWD and Big *** wings, 22nd and wonder why is wont spin the front tires.. More money in bad apperance parts, paint and wheels rather than Better parts and Mods..BUT talkes like their junk will ROTATE the frickin planet... that is till it hits a whopping 175hp on the Dyno

I think that covers the racers and some types.. Hope that helps ya

P.s. the P.d. uses the tape at high schools for education purposes .. Dont get Caught Street racing its not worth it KIDS

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0FTEsKM3mU
Old 09-09-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TT632
A lot of people are going to be suspicious of your motives.
The whole Import movement was partially respsonsible for many of the incidences that we have seen recently. racing in traffic, on busy streets equals poor exposure for the rest. Not sure why it happened but it did.

Back when I started racing, it was on in the middle of nowhere. If you were close to houses and they complained, the cops would sometimes ask you to move and not harrass you. There was no or very little drinking. People were there for the racing, nothing else. Now days forget it, people racing through the middle of traffic, endangering everybody.
Suspicious of my motives? It would be damn near impossible to convict someone of street racing just because they said they did online.

I'm just looking for some inside incite since I've never been in the street racing scene.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Staging Lane

Basicly what these guys said. In the mid -late 90's it was much better. I used to go to philly a lot then and on any weekend you could hit up stadium, holstine, pepsi plant, ect. and be not bothered for a while. The police knew about it and would sometimes be there, and then just kick you out. They would actually have plain clothed officers there that chilled out until something happened bad, and only sprang into action then. Then the whole thing went to hell when the F.A.T.F movies came out. Instead of people doing it on less traveled roads, it was happening everywhere, and people got hurt. Now it is a head hunt. It got bad when 15 second cars started to race down there.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 AM
TECH Addict

^^^ On both of the last posts.

I remember when the sheriffs would roll up talk a lil smack then say, you'll be sorry when i go and get my "race car", then they would actually come back to the spot in their Personal Vehicle out of uniform to set up a race or two.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 AM
12 Second Club

Hit me up for an interview!

lol
Old 09-09-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Our local street racing scene came to an abrupt hault when two of us were stopped and charged by the local police. Now we seem to enjoy shows and occasional trips to the 8th mile track, but nothing really compares to the adrenaline rush of street racing.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Teching In

i'd be willing to help you some. ive been involved with random and organized street racing since about 2001. ive also been going to legal dragways since 2001.

ive went and just watched. ive raced my personal cars countless times. and ive helped initiate and organize local street race meets.

dont ask me any personal info. dont ask me where exactly im located.

and ive been caught racing once on the freeway. so I can tell you a lil bit about the consequences of street racing too.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think the serious street racers are going to talk about it with someone they don't know. By serious I mean the guys who have cars that are capable of single digits and bet big money. But most of those guys aren't on here anyway.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

ONe 'possible' solution....yOU have to qualify for a special license to drive a car with XXX rated HP........you have to take classes and have certifications that are good for XXX HP cars in order to get that license.

IE: teaching the ignorant and stupid some smarts. People would learn and know the right way to handle cars. There are WAY too many stupid people that think they can handle any car in any situation..adn that is just plain INCORRECT.

My 2 cents.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

only been in the scene in mexico.

[rant]
i dont like street racing. never do it. I know that I am competent enough to handle my car, but I wouldn't know about the guy that tries to line up with me. And I dont want to be responsible for someones death that had nothing to do with it. That is a little too much to be put on my chest. Stick to the track. And like said above: quite a few years ago it was not a problem, people would go out to unnamed, empty road, set up some races, have fun, drive home safe.

Nowadays, you got dumbass kids that have seen fast and the furious too many times, and all of a sudden think they can perform all of the driving sequences in the movies. I can't even go to the local "hang out" without almost getting run over by some young punk kid in daddy's tibouron trying to drift around the parking lot where people are standing. i almost ripped that damn kid out of the car and beat the **** out of him because he almost took out a group of people.

its very dangerous with all these young drivers that think they know what they are doing in their cars, and what is worse they are endangering their girlfriends in the passenger seat, and everyone around them trying to beat out traffic and swerve in and out of lanes between traffic, and thats why the government is cracking down on racing. hell, i remember the cops coming out and bringing their own cars and setting up races. they would come and watch sometimes, because it was never a big deal because no one ever got hurt.

[/rant]

Last edited by DevilDougWS6; 09-09-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

I've been to street racing with over 50 cars, easily more than 100 people.

I sincerely doubt any real street racer is going to talk to you. It's taboo.

And yeah, street racing is gay now. I got out of it. It stopped being about the cars. Now it's about money and drugs.

I used to go every weekend. It stopped being "Hey, you want to run?" "Sure!"

And turned into "Hey, you want to run?" "**** you bitch, I'll smoke you. Come back with $200 and we'll go."

Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that bullshit too, these young punk kids (im young too but mature) think they are tough talk a lot of trash because mommy and daddy have money and didnt beat them as a child. they think they are better than everyone else....until i crush their little heads with their own wallets.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

We still have the old school good ole boy racing around here. As long as your running on a county road your generally ok. We started having an influx of kids with burners. They usually keep to themselves, but occasionally you'll get to put one in their place. We run mostly for fun. Occasionally money is exchanged, but never drugs. None of our locals run like that. We do have some of the single digit guys that run, but if you aren't in the know, you'll never see it. It's usually in good fun, and gives us something to do at night. It's really a damn shame that most areas have lost that mentality. I've been doing this for 11 years now. When it changes here and becomes all about money, drugs, and bullshit, I'll hang it up for good. Pm me if you want an old school point of view.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Yea I agree with the posts up top. Don't get me wrong im 17 but mature for my age. I use to go the local hang outs and "street race" but down here we go to the country roads. The cops would come and sometimes bullshit with use about who is the fastest or whatever. I agree street racing has gone down a few notches since i was doing it. MOstly because of the Rich kids or spoiled kids that race in traffic and indanger poor people just so they can off who faster. I stick to the track or just cruise around to see whats up. I think if you want to race go to the track and end it!!!!!! If not then then you dont belong even close to a fast car IMO.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Launching!

No one street races here
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

1st rule of fightclub is ?

I should have locked this but I was very curious to see what you guys would say.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
1st rule of fightclub is ?

I should have locked this but I was very curious to see what you guys would say.

DOnt talk about fight club.

The 2nd rule of fight club is....
Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ

The 2nd rule of fight club is....
You do NOT talk about fight club!