Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speartech har. for the wires that goes to the brake switch for torque converter

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speartech har. for the wires that goes to the brake switch for torque converter

ok i just got off the phone with john at spear. and was asking about the purple and pink wire. the paper or sheet i got says ( to normally closed brake switch. zero volts when brakes are applied. used for torque converter clutch engagement / disengagement )... ok so it's for the torque converter. i get that and understand what its for. but how do you wire it up? john was saying i needed a 4 terminal brake switch to make this work... WHAT!!! OK, so i need to get a late model brake switch and mount it to the brake lever some how and wire it up, is this correct? help!!!! i really need some help on this one, this one is really got me scratching my head... i really didn't want to go into to much details over the phone with him about this. because it take a lil bit for me to understand it, and i know he does not have time to wait for me to get it. but i did know who to ask, LS1TECH. COM...LOL
Old 09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Find a brake switch that looks like this one. It will have two normally open terminals and two normally closed terminals. Hook the convertor lockup wires to the two normally closed terminals. When you push the brake pedal, you will lose power to the convertor clutch.

http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/ge...ges/SLS110.jpg
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

84 chevy camaro with cruise, thats what alot of people use..
Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Launching!

what tranny are you using?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also take the route that I did. My old car has a mechanical brake switch under the floor for the brake lights.......I ran a wire from the "hot when brakes applied" side of the switch to a regular Bosch type five terminal relay, I ran the TCC power through the "normally closed" contacts.........when I apply the brakes the relay opens the TCC circuit thus killing the power to the TCC circuit.

Try this.
Attached Thumbnails speartech har. for the wires that goes to the brake switch for torque converter-schematic-1-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Oscar Will; 09-09-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Launching!

the 4l60. thanks for the help guys..
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ACONLP
the 4l60. thanks for the help guys..
I replied on Steves, but the database is down for some reason. Save yourself the trouble and run the part # switch in this link. It will fit the factory location, and works perfectly.

http://216.25.99.66/newhtml/brakeswitch.html

I bought mine at orielly's, so any auto parts store should have it.

Jack

Quick Reply: speartech har. for the wires that goes to the brake switch for torque converter