Sponsored by:

A body w/LS and mech clutch linkage

Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

Default A body w/LS and mech clutch linkage

has anyone used a mech clutch linkage setup in an A body with an ls motor,
or do you pretty much have to use hyds.
i have been thinking about adding a richmond 5 spd this winter, if i dont install the 4l80e
i thought i could use a gen 1 blowshield, maybe weld up some linkage to attach to the engine-i am using the hooker headers and mounts
not sure if the clutch fork would hit the headers-i know a nova blowshield has the clutchfork down lower, which could be an option-i think theres enough spacers out now to use a diff manuel trans now
thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.sdparts.com/product/SDCB/...andTrucks.aspx

there was an article in a recent mag, either chevy high performance or car craft, i cant remember which one, but it went over how to attach a muncie 4 speed to a gen 3 and it addressed all the issues, bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, linkage etc and they mentioned this bracket. i'll try to look tonight to see if i can find the magazine.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm curious about this too. Does the SD pivot ball bracket work with the Edelbrock conversion headers?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Teching In

go get october's issue of car craft. it has the article in it, lots of information
Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Lakewood has a GEN II/IV bellhousing that allows a direct bolt-up of a transmission with the traditional GM 4-speed mounting and input shaft with a mechanical clutch linkage. Has been discussed in previous threads.

You will need to build or buy a mount for the Z-bar stud; building is probably the better route as the location will depend upon where exactly the engine is mounted in the frame - the various engine mount designs can each place the engine in slightly different locations.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A body w/LS and mech clutch linkage