LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

optisparked it up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default optisparked it up?

Opening up this can of worms for the masses. The 95 Lt1 is still not completing start up. checked plugs, wires, replaced coil and ICM. still no spark at the plug when cranked. only left with the idea that i need a new opti. with all the talk i hear about them going out. need some opinions on what to get. Here are the brands im looking at AC Delco, MSD, MSD cap and rotor? SUMMIT, JEGS, Accel. My car is mildly modifed with the usual to make it inhale and exhale. help is greatly needed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get Delco, or MSD, out of that list.

You've checked all the fuses and made sure there is power going to the ICM, and spark coming out of the coil?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin a the msd but 500 dollars damn. no spark out of the coil. i will check every wire first before i spend that. i will be pissed if i spent that and found it still doesnt fire.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Formula350
Get Delco, or MSD, out of that list.

You've checked all the fuses and made sure there is power going to the ICM, and spark coming out of the coil?
Are you saying dont but either of those?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Are you saying dont but either of those?
Many many people have had horrible results with the Accells, from working a few hundred miles to being DOA. I don't know how good Summit or JEGS' are, but personally from reading a lot of the stuff on here about the eBay china rebuilds being junk, I wouldn't risk it on such an expensive part. We know that true AC Delco remys are good, and MSD as well. There's that other company that makes the LTCC Opti as well, but they're apparently having a problems putting out their products and the tech support is lack luster at best.

Quick Reply: optisparked it up?