Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express and Air/Fuel Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nitrous Express and Air/Fuel Ratio

Ok, like my signature below says, I have a Nitrous Express NXL kit. This is a direct port system with the 180 pills installed. I've been holding off on testing the system at 100% hit because I wanted to make sure I adjusted my air/fuel properly BEFORE I tested the system. Well, I had a short conversation about adjusting A/FR with the Nitrous Express support staff and he told me they recommend a 12.0 ~ 12.5 A/FR while on the nitrous. However, they design the jets to compensate for the needed ratio adjustment. He did warn me the jets won't be spot on, but testing the system with a 100% shot should be safe and I could, if needed, adjust the ratio for fine tuning after I get a good dyno run.

Comments? Anyone else try this with a NX kit? Don't want to explain to my wife that I have to order an LS7 crate engine because I left my old LS1 in pieces! ....yet
Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Launching!

anyone... anyone... hello, anyone out there!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Launching!

ok one last bump...
Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its just like any other n2o system, make sure you are good NA, then use the recommended jets- adjust from there...
Not sure what the question is
Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fstphx
Its just like any other n2o system, make sure you are good NA, then use the recommended jets- adjust from there...
Not sure what the question is
The question was based on the comment the NX support guy made. He says the pills are designed to compensate for some A/F ratio adjustment when the n02 is on. He says testing the 180 shot at 100% is save even though I have not fine tuned my ratio yet. Is he correct?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

think of N2O and Fuel jets as creating one AFR, It Averages with your Current NA AFR-
If you are rich NA you average in your N2O its going to be a little rich still, you could then drop a fuel size to lean it out.
I think you are overthinking what he said-

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express and Air/Fuel Ratio