Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Too much black?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Too much black?

I have a pweter T/A, as you can see in my sig, with black zo6s. I've been wanting to smoke out the tail lights, headlights, and go with a pweter/black theme. But now I'm starting to think it might be a little ricey with some other ideas. I was looking on ws6store, and they have the black emblems for the rocker pannels, and for the rear "Pontiac" inserts, as well as the "Pontiac" on the head light. I am debating in my head whether it will look good or not. I think the black tails would, maybe black emblems, but the fronts I don't know.

Anybody have some black outs, and how do they look?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search on VHT nite shade
Old 09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

It looks really good, so I think I will do that for the side markers and tails. What about the decals now though. Rice or Nice?
Old 09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Teching In

dude u can never go too black... lol murder out
Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Teching In

^^ I disagree.. too much black doesnt look good. I dont like black cars on black wheels, but that's JMO.

To the OP:
Your car looks great so far, and VHT on the tails and sidemarkers will look good. The stickers are a hit or miss. Some like them, some hate them. Personally, I love pewter cars with a lot of black accents on them.

Good luck with whatever you do! I'm sure it'll look good.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Yea, I think pweter with black is a good combo. I just don't want it too too flashy you know. That is why I am really debating on the front lights, but the stickers over all the emblems should, hopefully, look good.

blackdemon....I like ninja looks too. When I get my bike, you best believe it will be straight assassin style. I love all black, but there needs to be some chrome in the mix at the same time. Really hard to choose lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackdemon98
dude u can never go too black... lol murder out

thats what i was gonna say, you can never have too much black (well i guess if you paint the whole rim black its too much, it does need that chrome lip)

Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

I agree on chrome lip...thus why I got it lol. I love black on black cars, but the rim HAS to have a chrome lip, otherwise it looks off IMO. There is blacked out firehawk here on post, if it had black rims I would probably make love to that car. It is just amazing.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Here's how the black "Trans Am" letters will look(These are not decal overlays, I swapped out the actual letters from pewter to black) and here's the rear with the black "PONTIAC" and black "WS6". Black and Pewter go well together..

Last edited by OIF1VET; 09-11-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
I have a pweter T/A, as you can see in my sig, with black zo6s. I've been wanting to smoke out the tail lights, headlights, and go with a pweter/black theme. But now I'm starting to think it might be a little ricey with some other ideas. I was looking on ws6store, and they have the black emblems for the rocker pannels, and for the rear "Pontiac" inserts, as well as the "Pontiac" on the head light. I am debating in my head whether it will look good or not. I think the black tails would, maybe black emblems, but the fronts I don't know.

Anybody have some black outs, and how do they look?
I was stuck in Sierra Vista on my way back from Phx a couple of months ago when my SS had a problem. Beautiful area out there. Had it at the chevy dealer there... OUCH!!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

I have a pewter TA with the reflective black side, rear and head light vinals from WS6store, along with a black hood bird. Wanted something different with the rims, cause I hate chrome and polished stuff and every one has black rims on pewter cars

Old 09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroFan71
I was stuck in Sierra Vista on my way back from Phx a couple of months ago when my SS had a problem. Beautiful area out there. Had it at the chevy dealer there... OUCH!!
Beautiful area? I guess lol. It was monsoon season, so I guess the green actually showed up a little. I hate it here though, and as soon as I finish up my degrees I'll be in either Tucson or Phoenix to finish up my BAS.

I will take a look at the pics when I get home later, or in class after work...damn govt comps blocking almost all pictures from hosting sites.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Teching In

i love all black my car is all black now i just got to get my tail lights done but im a post pics on later on today so u guys can see what my car looks like but hey everybody has their own taste..

like i think im the only guy that would love to have the new zo6 lights in the front..
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, I am going to do the black "Pontiac" on the back, as well as black out the rocker panels. Those look really good. Tails will probably do as well. Now I am debating on the side markers, and front fog lights and day time running lights.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Teching In

i would keep the normal light normal cuz they are tucked in anyways..lol
Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Teching In

hey dave i think u car will look sick with the ws6 hood
Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Launching!

I saw it will look good man. Just go with VHT nightshade. Townsends performance in tucson has it
Old 09-12-2008, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackdemon98
murder out
That says it all right there.

For your pewter I would say VHT all your lights (tails, sidemarkers and fronts), do the ceta mod, do the black emblems and a ws9 hood with the side stripes !!!!!

And KEEP your black Z06s!!! (I hope they are all black, I just ordered my C6Z06s all black!)

EDIT: I was stationed in Huachuca from 03-05
Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nifty97z
That says it all right there.

For your pewter I would say VHT all your lights (tails, sidemarkers and fronts), do the ceta mod, do the black emblems and a ws9 hood with the side stripes !!!!!

And KEEP your black Z06s!!! (I hope they are all black, I just ordered my C6Z06s all black!)

EDIT: I was stationed in Huachuca from 03-05
See, it sucks huh lol. I want the hood and stripe...but that is a lot of money, thus not for a while. But I was planning on doing that. CETA mod just gets rid of the firebird logo on the back center tail light housing, correct? I'll just VHT that stuff.

Dabeztz28:
I'll take a look around SV before I go up to Tucson to get the VHF. I'll be going up there on the 26th. Maybe we run them?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

i think it will look fine

Quick Reply: Too much black?