LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

this car is a bitch to parkl

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this car is a bitch to parkl

i drive a gxp and i constantly find myself pulling into spaces crooked or diagonally. anyone else have any pointers to get this thing to be easier to park? would having the car lowered affect that all?
Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

unfortunately our W bodies (especially the montes) have that high *** in the back which makes backing into a space, challenging. All the crusader could tell you is keep backing that *** up into spaces until it becomes second hand nature. Lowering the back would help your high *** situation, but worsen that weight transfer on launching on or take off.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Teching In

I find it a bit frustrating to park at times especially backing in, imaging trying to do it on a busy NYC street with a line of cabs honking, and all you wana do is get it right so your car makes it out in one piece.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

At least I'm not the only one with problems. I have 38k on the car and am still not good with backing into spaces straight. I thought had gone retarded or something since I didn't have the problem with anything else I owned. Guess I'm not the only one.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't just these cars....it is the platform. All W-Bodies have the same issues, huge turning radius, poor rear visibility, which makes them hard to park.

I had a 96 Cutlass Supreme, and to me this car parks exactly the same. Just has a V8 and goes like stink.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Can't say that I have this issue. Aside from it being tough to turn the wheel when parallel parking (when moving slowly), I'm fine with parking straight.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Teching In

What would you rather park? Saw the first one at my local Best Buy, and the second is a guy in my town.

OR

Old 09-13-2008, 08:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yup, that's the new challenger...

and I always park at an angle and take up two spots anyway... don't want anyone next to me... heh...

but I DO do it away from everyone else - so no one gets ticked off... everyone fights to get a close spot to the store, screw that... I park waaaay away from everyone else, don't care if I have to walk...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-20-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

06MonteSS I feel you,...I park allllllllllll the way in the back to ensure I wouldn't have to whip up on some *** when it comes to irresponsible people who enjoys opening doors on our W Bodies!! JK but I do feel a whole hell of alot better parking in the back by absolutely no one!!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM

Hmm, ive never had the problem of parking the GXP.. the monte carlo on the other hand is a bit longer and gets frustrating when trying to park and having to make sure i dont take up 1 1/2 spaces lol but i guess it will all come with time, just keep practicing, you'll eventually get it, oh yea i drove a GMC envoy XL for 11 months..talk about something hard to park.... maybe thats why i think the GXP is a piece of cake?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Ever notice how long our monte doors are? They look huge and heavy but when someone goes to close them....they are so light they slam. I cringe I cringe.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 PM

haha yea i know they are so big bc they basically have to fill out a full sized sedan, with 2 hugeass doors lol..but my gxp doors are light and small so when you close them, even with the smallest push they sound like someone slammed the sh*t outta it