LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Lt1 help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Lt1 help

Ok guys I got my car back together and Im having a few problems! the first one is I did a 52mm tb and when I roll into the car it sticks at 2000-3000rpms I can turn the car off and it goes back to normal! Is this the tps sensor? Second problem I have had for a while is my taillights work with my Headlights off like normal! Also my driving lights work with the headlights on but with the headlights on when I mash on the brakes the passenger side brake lights don't come on! I have checked the fuses could there be a relay I need to look at if so where? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unsure what you mean by "roll into the car".

Depending on the year of the car, and if you have an A4, you need a tune adjustment for the trans to work right with the new TB. Shift points get a bit screwy.

Brake light problem is probably a bad bulb. Usually is the case for outage problems like that. If you feel like it and/or have the cash, just go buy all new bulbs (except headlights, or fogs if you're a T/A). 2 reasons, firstly you won't have to do bulbs for a very long time and have to worry about driving and getting pulled over for having a bulb out you never knew was out to begin with, and secondly you'll know if it's for sure bulb related or not. If it is, problem solved! If it's not, something to check off on the list of possible causes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what all do you have done to the car..if it is close to stock or mildly modified then you really dont have a need for an upgraded throttle body..the stocker is good up to about 400 horsies

and what do you mean by that??? "roll into it" Does the throttle actually stick at 2-3000 rpms?? I had that problem and my cover was put on wrong and was getting stuck..you may wanna check on the physical throttle body itself and test it with the car off and see why it is getting stuck if that is the case
Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car has a mild heads and cam setup on a 40 over shortblock With a bit of nitrous so I thought the 52mm tb would be a good upgrade! Also the car is a manual tranny for the ones that wanted to know. It shouldnt need a retune with it being 6spd should it? As for "roll into it" I mean roll into the throttle get on the car and when I let off it sticks at 2-3000 rpms. I have checked the tb several times opening and closing it to make sure it dosnt stick seems smooth as can be! Thats why I thought it was the tps sensor or even the IACV sensor. As for the taillights I changed the bulbs first thing when I noticed it and it didnt work. Thanks for the suggestions guys keepm coming!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It made by Holley?

First thing I'd have done if my **** was sticking would be to lube both sides, the other side being under the TPS. If that doesn't fix it then I'd manually open the blades to WOT and look in there, then kind of gently let it close, as if you let your food off the pedal. I assume you don't totally take your foot off, but more ease off right? So then it would not slam shut. If you DO just take your foot totally off the gas, then let'r snap shut and see if it is stuck open any.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will give it a try and see if if it helps any.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Also try removing the IAC sensor and check to see if it's all carboned up(black). If it is, clean it thoroughly with carb cleaner.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reset ur iac and then set ur tps again

Quick Reply: Need Lt1 help