Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The swap begins-04 5.3(lm4) into 76 vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The swap begins-04 5.3(lm4) into 76 vette

My vette has seen many configurations and now it gets its latest..04 trailblazer motor 5.3l lm4. initial questions are about the accessories. Anyone know if you can fit the 5.3 accessories altenator etc.? I say this because i want to pick up new waterpump, altenator, ps pump just for peace of mind, but if there is no way to make them fit i will just wait and buy all the fbody or vette stuff. I guess you can make anything fit ha..

Intake will probably have to be swapped to an ls1/ls6. Oil pan is another concern. any input will be much appreciated! thanks.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

F body, or vette pans will work. I'm using the wingred vette pan. Not much chance the alternator mount will fit under any vete hood.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Been checking out the performance trucks sight on how to swap out the truck manifold for a ls1/ls6. Im almost positive its gonna be too tall so im gonna need to find an intake from somewhere. I think the altenator is gonna be too tall as well. Not as worried about the motor mounts found several templates so i can fabricate them. I may be able to just find a vette altenator bracket since it is over the top of the PS pump like the truck but unlike the fbody
Old 09-14-2008, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Check Craidslist, ebay, or the classifieds here. I got a manifold, injectors and rail for under $100. Be sure to get a 99 up fuel rail. Earlier ones required a return line.
I've only got AC and alternator, so I'm making my own brackets.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Launching!

I think i read with a slight mod you can use the truck injectors and fuel rail. And you can use the truck altenator with the fbody bracket. I just need to find a cheap power steering pump from somewhere. Im gonna buy a sump from summit and weld it up to my gas tank. I may run a clutch fan..im gonna see how everything lines up..i know..clutch fans are pretty trick.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

I believe I read in a BMW swap that the 04 and up truck injectors share the same connector as the as the cars. Sorry can't remmeber which forum I read it on.