LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Emissions....Again

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Emissions....Again

So heres the update....my pcm would not read on the emissions computer, so after some time and thanks to the help of this forum i found that i have an OBD1 pcm in my 96 OBD2 car. I found an OBD2 pcm from a guy, but it came out of an impala with an automatic, now i thought that i could just have it reflashed from a dealership to match my car but the problem is im missing my airpump, and egr from what i can tell. The mechanic told me that he can reflash it to stock but my check engine light will still come on from the parts that are missing....my question to you is how do i tune these out, and get rid of the check engine light so i can pass?? all i want to do is pass emissions and then pop the pcm back out, i cannot change my adress to a non emiisions county either. My car has stock manifolds cat and all o2 sensors so i dont think that will be a problem. Please help me out, it kills me looking at my car knowing i cannot drive it!! They also do not do a visual check so im good there, i just need the codes out so they dont pop up when emmisions place is testing. Thanks!!
Old 09-13-2008, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent it to any mail order tuner and he will do it for you.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So would i have to tell whoever i send it to what my car is all missing?

What would be a good place to go through to do this? Thanks for quick reply

Quick Reply: Emissions....Again