Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So the wideband is reading correctly....

Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So the wideband is reading correctly....

Okay, so I just got back from my buddies shop and my wideband is reading correct, the car is just fat as ****, my buddy's wideband on his mustang dyno was reading exactly the same as mine. We tried leaning it out some more, but I ran out of jets. We bumped it down to the 93 fuel jet which squared up the jetting and bumped the fuel pressure down another 1 psi to 4.5 psi and that just started to bring the wideband out of being pegged rich in the beginning of the pull (whenever I first get on it wot on motor the car will show 13.5 - 14.0 a/f for a split second and then stabilize to where it's set at 12.7ish and during that time that it would show 13.5 - 14.0 it showed 10.1 on the wideband and then started peggin rich again @ 9.0 as it stabilized, but that's the first time i've even seen the wideband off 9.0 on the spray, so i'm gettin there, gonna have to get some smaller jets and try again. I still haven't cut open the plug from last night, but I looked @ it this mornin in the sunlight and I can actually see the fuel ring with the naked eye, so obviously it was definately rich, looks to be about half way up the porcelain and dark brown/black, i'll try and cut it today, just tired and wanna relax.

So how much you guys think I will pick up when I get the a/f dialed in right? I mean, I was pretty happy that the car went 6.13 @ 114 last night, if it dips in the 5's and gains another mph or two i'll be super extatic for bein on a little shot right now!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should pick up for sure, how lean are you going to run it? how much timing?

the 93 jet isnt small and I think you should run a colder plug. JMO
Old 09-13-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Should pick up for sure, how lean are you going to run it? how much timing?

the 93 jet isnt small and I think you should run a colder plug. JMO
I don't know how lean, I remember you saying somewhere 12.0 is where it should be (or at least I think I saw that somewhere), was gonna shoot to get it to 11.5 and then see what the plugs show me, when I get the plugs right i'll see what a/f it says and shoot to keep it there. You think I should run a 9 instead of the 8?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
I don't know how lean, I remember you saying somewhere 12.0 is where it should be (or at least I think I saw that somewhere), was gonna shoot to get it to 11.5 and then see what the plugs show me, when I get the plugs right i'll see what a/f it says and shoot to keep it there. You think I should run a 9 instead of the 8?

11.5 is a good target to get you close. Your thinking right, let the plugs tell you where it likes the A/F.... not everyones set up is going to like the same A/F.

Be conservitive with the timing and run the 9 for sure.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

11.5 is a good target to get you close. Your thinking right, let the plugs tell you where it likes the A/F.... not everyones set up is going to like the same A/F.

Be conservitive with the timing and run the 9 for sure.
Alright cool, I was thinking for the next outing to start with I was gonna bump the fuel jet down to an 88 for starters to see where that puts me and just in case the timing needs to be down once it's leaned out I was gonna bump it down to 15 from the 18 it's at for starters and then play with it once I get the a/f dialed in. I'll also go ahead and grab a set of 9's to throw in there. Thanks man!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Id put the FP down to 10 and put a 74 jet in the fuel and that should leave you room to go down 1 jet on the fuel later. but the car was probably down 100 hp that rich so you may want to put a 82N in and 66F in with 10 FP and it will make the same if not more and get that right then it will let you know what the spread should be when you go back to the 93.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Id put the FP down to 10 and put a 74 jet in the fuel and that should leave you room to go down 1 jet on the fuel later. but the car was probably down 100 hp that rich so you may want to put a 82N in and 66F in with 10 FP and it will make the same if not more and get that right then it will let you know what the spread should be when you go back to the 93.
So you think I should put the fuel pressure up to 10? Any reason for running it a little higher, just curious, just tryin to learn some things here.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

Shiz thought you were running 15-18psi .... disreguard his post.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Shiz thought you were running 15-18psi .... disreguard his post.

Oh, ok, thought something was weird, haha.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

BTW, do you guys think the plate or solenoid could possibly not be flowing the 93 since that is it's max jet setting even though nos says it will? I'm just surprised I have to pull so much fuel out of it. Maybe I should try the 82 and see what happens, they list that as a 210 shot. Or is it normal to have to run a smaller fuel jet than nitrous jet even with a low pressure system?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Have someone flow the system together. They often dont flow what they say they will. Back the nitrous jet down if it doesnt get richer you know whats going on if you cant flow the nitrous side of things
Old 09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Oh, ok, thought something was weird, haha.
LOL early sunday reading comp owned me after late sat night. yeay thought you had 18 FP...
Old 09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Have someone flow the system together. They often dont flow what they say they will. Back the nitrous jet down if it doesnt get richer you know whats going on if you cant flow the nitrous side of things
HAHAHA Been reading our posts again.....

Search this Thread