Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 LT1 vs Solstice GXP

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking 96 LT1 vs Solstice GXP

I was out with my two sons (12 and 14) last Saturday when we saw a brand new YELLOW GXP with a 55+ YO man driving; we both stopped at a light (an entrance to a freeway actually...), and just before it went green my boys asked if we'd race it (as we had just smoked a Mustang three times at three consecutive lights (!) - a dad with two boys [Just like me!]).

I told them: "No, we do not race other Pontiacs" - then the light turned green and the old man hit it; I had to go!

So, as we were bouncing off the rev-limiter at 7K in 1st gear, we passed the GXP. My oldest was screaming and making faces at the OM as we passed him. At about 95 or 100 I saw him clearly and fully in my rear view, so I let off; he didn't.

As he passed me I laughted hard and noticed that my A/C was still on MAX. "That was pretty good for 12 YO technology, a full tank of gas, two kids and the A/C on HIGH" I said - My boys laughed with glee and I told them: When that guy talks to his buddies he's gonna' say - 'They had me 'till about 100, and then I started pulling away and left 'em in my dust!'

I enjoy my LT1, but I love my boys!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol good kill always fun to show kids wat a good motor can do
Old 09-15-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

So you took your STOCK LT1 to 7,000 RPM and you think that is a good thing?? Oh and you raced with your two sons in the car.

You sir, are an idiot.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

LT1 to 7k rpm....kids in the car racing at 100mph...and I thought the AC turns off at WOT? We have a winner here..
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the best judgement, but I don't think I would critique my dad to harshly if he did somthing like that when i was young.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill but Im not so sure about doing that with kids. I guess I would have to be in your shoes. The older I get (33) the more stupid street racing seems even though it is so much fun at times.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default When did THIS particular forum go PC?

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
So you took your STOCK LT1 to 7,000 RPM and you think that is a good thing?? Oh and you raced with your two sons in the car. You sir, are an idiot.
Oh, I appologize; I am so sorry that I offended your sensitivities in the STREET RACING AND KILL STORIES forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ladies room is to the left.

Oh, and just for the record, while this was occurring we were ALL unbelted, ALL on our cell phones - ALL TEXTING, ALL eating Big Macs with the non-biodegradable old plastic containers - AND - ALL smoking unfiltered cigarettes too!

(Additionally, my youngest son had just gotten his first hooker, while my oldest had just gotten his 57th tatoo from some unlicensed drug addict!)

Get REAL!

For those who condem: You've NEVER let your sons experience the thrill that can only come from a V8? You've NEVER used your line locks and wasted perfectly good rubber, just to hear them shout with delight?

Oh, I see...

Grow a pair!

Let the flames (from the flamers) and the lockdown begin!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default My first car memory

Originally Posted by TT632
Not the best judgement, but I don't think I would critique my dad to harshly if he did somthing like that when i was young.
My first memory of a car is my father's 61 Catalina 421 dual quad Super Duty, 4 speed - He was wide open power shifting the 1-2 on Woodward!

I was 6 or 7 (belted!) in the front passenger side bucket laughing hard!

(I can still see the look in his eyes when we hit second and lurched forward again!)

Yeah, it's in my blood....
Old 09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
10 Second Club

Good kill, but honestly those Solstice GXP's are dogs. Especially if the old man can't drive. Can't believe you won't race the same make. If I didn't race other Fords I would have no competiton.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
So you took your STOCK LT1 to 7,000 RPM and you think that is a good thing?? Oh and you raced with your two sons in the car.

You sir, are an idiot.
+1
Originally Posted by ZFan88
LT1 to 7k rpm....kids in the car racing at 100mph...and I thought the AC turns off at WOT? We have a winner here..
+1
Originally Posted by great421
Oh, I appologize; I am so sorry that I offended your sensitivities in the STREET RACING AND KILL STORIES forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and just for the record, while this was occurring we were ALL unbelted, ALL on our cell phones - ALL TEXTING, ALL eating Big Macs with the non-biodegradable old plastic containers - AND - ALL smoking unfiltered cigarettes too!

(Additionally, my youngest son had just gotten his first hooker, while my oldest had just gotten his 57th tatoo from some unlicensed drug addict!)

Get REAL!

For those who condem: You've NEVER let your sons experience the thrill that can only come from a V8? You've NEVER used your line locks and wasted perfectly good rubber, just to hear them shout with delight?

Oh, I see...

Grow a pair!

Wow..you sir are an idiot.

This coming from a father of FOUR....I would never do that with my kids....then again, my responsibility has earned me custody in the mother favored state of California...so what do I know right? Tell others to grow a pair because we can make a smart decision? The MOST I have done was spin the tires in my FWD versa after going through water....that's it.

We don't need to grow a pair, you need to grow some sense and get a freakin' clue.
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Good kill, but honestly those Solstice GXP's are dogs. Especially if the old man can't drive. Can't believe you won't race the same make. If I didn't race other Fords I would have no competiton.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Launching!

well i know both ways here, My dad first gave me some rides in his GTO when i was young, Its what started me as a hot rodder, Back then was a little different then now, loved every sec in that car. Doesnt hurt to give the boys a little taste of power as long as your careful. 7K my rev limiter was 6800 on my stock bottom end and it held fine. Good KIll and just be careful with the boys
Old 09-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Sounds like fun.. I would just suggest shutting the car down around 70 next time.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by great421

Get REAL!

Oh, I see...

Grow a pair!

Real intelligent post there. I can tell you are a necessity to this society. Ya know, my dad is an old school hot rodder and there were plenty of times he would give me a ride in his old hot rods and lay some rubber and give me a show. But it was always on an abandoned road with no one around and he certainly was not racing another car. I'm 24 and I will no race with another person in the car period. Mainly because I'm a little responsible and wouldn't want something to happen to my passenger. If I kill myself being a dumbass then so be it, but if I would kill someone else and have to live with that, I couldn't handle it.

But hey, to each his own, this is the interweb, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:51 PM

I remember my dad taking me out in his 84 corvette, leaving his work one day going down the street, nice wide empty industrial area, at about 30-35 mph. Ripped the E brake spun it hit reverse spun the other 180 and lit the tires off for another 100 ft or so. It was a 383 stroker in it. Was it the smartest thing? Probably not. Was it fun as hell? Absolutely! All you guys slapping his hand because he was not smart, give me a ******* break. Everyone of us has done something like that, ******* deal with it and quit being a hypocrite! Let the one who is perfect throw the first stone.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
well i know both ways here, My dad first gave me some rides in his GTO when i was young, Its what started me as a hot rodder, Back then was a little different then now, loved every sec in that car. Doesnt hurt to give the boys a little taste of power as long as your careful. 7K my rev limiter was 6800 on my stock bottom end and it held fine. Good KIll and just be careful with the boys
Best post yet. Its not like he was weaving through traffic at 100+ mph. He accelerated to 100mph getting on a freeway, yeah so ******* dangerous. You can get T-boned while going through a green light with the kids in the car so you might as well not do that either right? Bunch of ignorant ***** in here.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone here who has ridiculed this guy should delete there accounts. EVERYONE here has more than likely risked kids lives just from street racing. you dont know who is in other cars around you.

So really drop the holier than though BS you retards are posting. you are all as Guilty as him. at anytime one of your tires could blow out and you would loose control at the speeds we race. and you could just as easily run over into the other lane or a car you tried to pass and wreck them.

I really hate hypocrites.

if you have ever raced on the street. you have endangered kids lives. End of Story.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

here come the internet rebels
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MaxSpeed
I remember my dad taking me out in his 84 corvette, leaving his work one day going down the street, nice wide empty industrial area, at about 30-35 mph. Ripped the E brake spun it hit reverse spun the other 180 and lit the tires off for another 100 ft or so. It was a 383 stroker in it. Was it the smartest thing? Probably not. Was it fun as hell? Absolutely! All you guys slapping his hand because he was not smart, give me a ******* break. Everyone of us has done something like that, ******* deal with it and quit being a hypocrite! Let the one who is perfect throw the first stone.
I wouldn't ASSUME that if I was you.

Originally Posted by MaxSpeed
Best post yet. Its not like he was weaving through traffic at 100+ mph. He accelerated to 100mph getting on a freeway, yeah so ******* dangerous. You can get T-boned while going through a green light with the kids in the car so you might as well not do that either right? Bunch of ignorant ***** in here.
HUIGE DIFFERENCE between going 100 mph with kids in the car and being T-boned by someone else. It's called self responsibility as a parent. Don't suppose you have kids?

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
anyone here who has ridiculed this guy should delete there accounts. EVERYONE here has more than likely risked kids lives just from street racing. you dont know who is in other cars around you.

So really drop the holier than though BS you retards are posting. you are all as Guilty as him. at anytime one of your tires could blow out and you would loose control at the speeds we race. and you could just as easily run over into the other lane or a car you tried to pass and wreck them.

I really hate hypocrites.

if you have ever raced on the street. you have endangered kids lives. End of Story.
YOu should read my first response above.

Hypocrites - I agree with you. I also don't like it when people think they know me and they have no F'ing clue.

Your last line is just plain dumb. You are assuming that everyone that street races does it in or around traffic. Hypocrite?...Hmmm..you hate them, yet you are sounding like one.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER

Not true.... unless we are counting the boys swimming around in my nut sack.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

All, please remember, this is the STREET RACING AND KILL STORIES forum!

If you don't like / don't condone that type of behaviour, then why are you reading this?

I make NO justification for my actions; it was just fun!

(I can hear it now from the Metrosexuals, "No it was just stupid!")

Go wax your show car; I DRIVE mine!

For those who condem, again I ask why are you readin this forum?

Just so you can feel superior?

(Let the flaming begin anew!)

Quick Reply: 96 LT1 vs Solstice GXP