Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

How is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How is this possible?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...-on_183131.htm

how can a 3000lb sedan run high 9s at 144mph, (while being manually shifted) using a turbo 4 cyl on PUMP GAS!

Originally when I heard about it I was like whatever hes probably injecting so much meth/alcohol with that pump gas that its probably bullshit but he says hes using no additive.. I just dont see how it adds up.

Last edited by sciff5; 09-15-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave Buschur is a god in the world of 4cyl turbo's
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

damn that car is fast how much power
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Buschur Racing and AMS Performance are far and away the two nastiest EVO/DSM tuning shops in the USA. The quickest and highest quality cars come from those two shops. Routinely motors are laying down 900-1000whp before nitrous is added, not bad for a 2.0-2.4L!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Holy crap......that is all.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:13 AM

Where is his shop out of? I've been thinking a lot lately of buying one and would like to get some extra power out of it with good reliability. It seems thats the guy to do it if anyone.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

That is hauling *** no matter what. Damn impressive.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 AM
Staging Lane

Only Evo I'd own right there!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:38 AM
TECH Addict

Lets not forget Mr. Shepard. That dude is just badass!! His Talon goes 7.70's @ 19xmph with an all boost 2.0L (no stroker here, just 55psi ). He has had the true sleeper of the group since the beginning.

2005:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30A88rDlzmE

2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNzb...eature=related

7.701 pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJj-...eature=related

Last edited by djsanchez2; 09-16-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Dont get me wrong Shepards passes are impressive but everyone knows what a race car pushing nearly 60lbs of boost can do (jesh thats almost turbo deisel numbers). And we all know what kind of results you would get if you built a V8 the same way.

Honestly I know imports can be fast. On race gas they can be fast as hell, especially with all the tricks that have been developed to spool huge turbos.

On pump gas though usually they are way out of the efficiency range of their turbo plus they can only push so much boost because of the pump gas. Only a few pounds of boost plus a small engine can usually only create so much power...or so I thought. Add on the fact that this isnt some 1800lb hatch and they arent spraying any alcohol/meth I am still just trying to figure it out.

On race gas I have no problem believing those times.. its the pump gas times that are really blowing my mind.

Honestly I think even in our community (and we deff think we're faster than 4cyls) we would find it very difficult to run those times/traps on pump gas with a t56.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

WOW all 4 slicks are spinning from the launch. 4WD kicks ***!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sciff5
Dont get me wrong Shepards passes are impressive but everyone knows what a race car pushing nearly 60lbs of boost can do (jesh thats almost turbo deisel numbers). And we all know what kind of results you would get if you built a V8 the same way.

Honestly I know imports can be fast. On race gas they can be fast as hell, especially with all the tricks that have been developed to spool huge turbos.

On pump gas though usually they are way out of the efficiency range of their turbo plus they can only push so much boost because of the pump gas. Only a few pounds of boost plus a small engine can usually only create so much power...or so I thought. Add on the fact that this isnt some 1800lb hatch and they arent spraying any alcohol/meth I am still just trying to figure it out.

On race gas I have no problem believing those times.. its the pump gas times that are really blowing my mind.

Honestly I think even in our community (and we deff think we're faster than 4cyls) we would find it very difficult to run those times/traps on pump gas with a t56.
Very efficient turbo that's for sure and AWD doesn't hurt either. Still impressive.

-Mark
Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that thing caged? I didnt notice one in the pics. If not...how is he able to make so many 9s passes without getting kicked out? Or am I missing out on a loophole rule or something.

J.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Is that thing caged? I didnt notice one in the pics. If not...how is he able to make so many 9s passes without getting kicked out? Or am I missing out on a loophole rule or something.

J.
They rented out the track.. when you do that I guess you dont need the safety gear.. Dont know though.. Ive never rented out a track
Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

who cares...that thing hauls, flat out
Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I, too, am skeptical... An EVO running tons of boost can go nines of course...

But, on pump gas? He's running a full accessory, full interior EVO that has to be making over 650 awhp to trap that high IMO... The question is how is he making that power on pump gas and from what I've heard no meth either on a 2.0L?

It is hard to believe.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Evos...not my cup of tea. Fast tho for sure!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

It's called tuning, say it with me, TOO-NING. Buschur tunes cars for a living, you don't think his personal beater would have the best tune of any car he's ever worked on? Buschur has no reason to fib or make up claims of pump, when he's really running race gas or meth. If it came straight out of his mouth, one of the most reputable Evo guys in the US, then until further proof is put on the table then I see a 9 second pump gas 4 banger.

Then again, who knows how safe the tune actually is? I'm sure there isn't room for error of any kind, but then again who cares when you have money?
Old 09-16-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
It's called tuning, say it with me, TOO-NING. Buschur tunes cars for a living, you don't think his personal beater would have the best tune of any car he's ever worked on? Buschur has no reason to fib or make up claims of pump, when he's really running race gas or meth. If it came straight out of his mouth, one of the most reputable Evo guys in the US, then until further proof is put on the table then I see a 9 second pump gas 4 banger.

Then again, who knows how safe the tune actually is? I'm sure there isn't room for error of any kind, but then again who cares when you have money?
No need to be condescending... I see the same thing as you and I definitely believe it as the claim now stands... Simply badass.

But if you can't sympathize with some of us that this is ATYPICAL and definitely hard to believe, then tell me how the view is on your high horse.

This may be the first four banger over 3k lbs EVER to be in the nines on pump gas... There are 800 rwhp Supras on race gas that'd never catch this car...
The claim, true or not, is BOLD!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust

tuning for WOT takes very little time compared to part throttle tuning.. which is what takes all the time.. which is also completly irelevant to track performance. Like the other guy said.. get off your horse.

I say the heads on that engine are hand ported and have tons of hours in them, the exhaust manifolds are custom, the cams are custom speced.. the turbo is dual ball bearing.. basically a lot of custom work done.. thats the only thing I can think of. That being said I've seen that sort of money be put into a 4 banger several times before only for it to not perform much better.