LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What Blower/Cam set up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Blower/Cam set up?

I am planning on going with a blower in my Camaro. I really want to go with a cam to (it is looking like I will need to for my goals). Here is a little bit about her: she is a 95 Z28 LT1, M6 with LPP LTs (3"), no cats, single chamber mufflers. She is soon to be getting an auto cross suspension from Sam Strano. I also have a racetronix fuel pump system on the way, and am thinking about going with MSD wiring for the rest of the car. I am looking to put 450 RWHP out, and similar torque. I want a beefy *** cruiser. So 450 should do it. Now, from the research I have been doing, it looks like I should be getting a cam and a realativly mild blower. I want to build as bullet proof motor as possible. The engine only has about 62K on her, and won't be taken to the drag strip that often. I have been checking the market for what blower to get, and there are a TON out there, and I am not sure what is the best for my goals. I think I should be good on exhaust, but now I need to match a blower and cam. Do I need heads? Again, I have done a decent amount of research, but I am having a hard time pulling these 3 things together. Most people who go with blowers are looking to put down 550+ to the street, so I am kind of lost. MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE on parts, someone else is buying them. So what are we looking at here gents?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

From what I've seen is that most ppl that run blowers run with a built 355/383 bottom end, most likely forged. Pretty sure our stock bottom ends don't like to be boosted much. So if money is not an issue, I'd get a forged 383 with ported heads/cam. You should be at about 450rwhp if you do it right..Then could later on go with a blower if you still wanted. I've just heard that you CAN run superchargers on our cars, but it can last you 10k miles or 50k miles...kinda luck of draw. (I've only read all of this i'm no expert)

I've done alot of reading on superchargers and if it were me I would go with the Procharger kit, intercooled/it has it's own oil rather than tapping into the motors oil for use..

But let others who actaully have personal experience with it chime in. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:59 PM

anyone with personal experience. The blower is going in for sure, I just need to figure out exactly what blower to put in there along with what cam and heads. I also need to see if I need to do anything else like the bottom end or anything else you can think of. Getting a new engine in there is NOT an option. Price is NOT AN ISSUE though, someone else is paying and they are rich.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

im no expert either but i agree hav it machined and make it a 383 u could make 450 n/a wit that but for the heads ? heads r usually a big thing the heads/cam deside alot of the power if i were u id call up lloyd elliot hav him do ur heads and custom grind a cam he'll tell u wat u need for a blower motor and i agree wit the procharger

Quick Reply: What Blower/Cam set up?