Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Whats a good glaze and sealant to use after polish?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good glaze and sealant to use after polish?

am having a detailer come by and completely polish my car, his process is:

1st pass over entire vehicle with aggressive pad/polish combination
2nd pass over entire vehicle with medium pad/polish combination
3rd pass over entire vehicle with light pad/polish combination

After I'm going to add a glaze and sealant, but am not sure which ones to buy. I normally just wax my car after the polish step ( recently found out about glaze and sealer steps lol ).
Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Good question...i will keep my eye on this thread.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Since you just posted, you will get a lot of feedback and opinions about which products to use. Use them as a guidleline in your decision making process. For your satisfaction, you will need to determine which product combination appeals to you. Price, ease of use, availability and effects on the surface will be some of the choices to make.

As for glazes before the sealant and/or liquid wax, we do not have any choices available through Tropi Care to select from.

For customer recommendations, we have several last step protection products available to choose from. For lighter colors, the TC-3 Sealant xP can be applied by hand or machine. It leaves the finish with crystal clear highly reflective finish. A second choice of our TC-2W "Crystal White" Carnauba Creme can be applied by hand but is best suited for machine application as it is a thick carnauba based creme.

For darker colors, the TC-2B "Crystal Black" Carnauba Creme was developed for use on darker colors paints as it creates additional depth to the surface without muting metallic finishes.

Right now we have a number of product specials including a number with FREE SHIPPING options. Check them out here at www.tropi-care.com

Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I'm going to go with some Meguires #7 show car glaze, then FMJ sealant , and finally some Dodo Juice supernatural wax ( supposed to be really good ). Open to other opinions.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Sealants usually don't play well with glazes. For best results, a sealant will like a bare surface.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

I have had really good luck with RejeX on top of Prima Amigo.
That is what the daily drivers get.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clearkote Vanilla Moose is my glaze of choice followed by Blackfire. The VM glaze is one of the easiest products I've worked with hands down...the only thing I like better in their product line is their Quick Shine quick detailer.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Clearkote Vanilla Moose is my glaze of choice followed by Blackfire. The VM glaze is one of the easiest products I've worked with hands down...the only thing I like better in their product line is their Quick Shine quick detailer.
I tried the Red Moose on my black T/A a while back.
Great results!!

Although I top the T/A with wax.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
I think I'm going to go with some Meguires #7 show car glaze, then FMJ sealant , and finally some Dodo Juice supernatural wax ( supposed to be really good ). Open to other opinions.
If you're going to use FMJ, you might as well use the Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze. It works really well. I've used that with Blackfire on top, with good results. Zane is correct, though. By and large, a sealant wants a bear surface to which it can adhere, and a glaze will likely decrease the longevity of your final coat.

-Mike
Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Several good suggestions in here.

As a Meg's user for almost thirty years, I would recommend skipping the #7, unless you are dealing with single stage paint, or working on a show car. While it provides outstanding results, is durability is almost zero, even when topped by other products. Add that to the point Zane made earlier about sealants liking bare paint, and there is little to no benefit gained from adding the #7 into that process. I would skip it, in your situations.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Launching!

If you want to use a sealant then you need to use a polymer based glaze so the sealant can bond to the surface. Otherwise skip the gaze or switch to a carnauba wax.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Several good suggestions in here.

As a Meg's user for almost thirty years, I would recommend skipping the #7, unless you are dealing with single stage paint, or working on a show car. While it provides outstanding results, is durability is almost zero, even when topped by other products. Add that to the point Zane made earlier about sealants liking bare paint, and there is little to no benefit gained from adding the #7 into that process. I would skip it, in your situations.
I use #7 about once a year on my red car, but it is always garaged and taken out once every two weeks or so.

I always top it with #20, but I hear (I think from you actually!) that #21 is better... After 12 hours, I top that with #26 and it looks fantastic.

Wow, makes me almost want to do it this weekend just writing about it... Nah, forget it... Too much work... I'll do it this winter.

Quick Reply: Whats a good glaze and sealant to use after polish?