Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can injectors be saved?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can injectors be saved?

The orange ring on the bottom of two of my injectors are cracked. Can these rings be replaced or do I need new injectors? They are stock injectors from a 00 Firehawk w/ 53k miles.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

the rings can be replaced but if you want i have stockers for 45 shipped 60,000 miles on them
Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM
FormerVendor

if they are the stock ls1 injector we have all the parts in stock to fully refurbish the set.

We charge $15 a piece for the service which includes ultrasonic cleaning, new viton orings and new bottom retainers plus new filters. The turn around is 1 day.
http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...d&productId=50

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 09-18-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
if they are the stock ls1 injector we have all the parts in stock to fully refurbish the set.

We charge $15 a piece for the service which includes ultrasonic cleaning, new viton orings and new bottom retainers plus new filters. The turn around is 1 day.
http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...d&productId=50
I assume you would recommend having the entire set refurbished if 2 of them have failed.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

I would, our process will make sure they are all good as new. Most places drop them in a bath, replace filters, and make sure they work. This is our process.

1) Injectors are externally cleaned, visual inspected

2) We test injectors for resistance, shorts, and current draw.

3) We perform leak test, spray pattern, and flow rate testing on one of our 3 ASNU flow benchs. All data is recorded and sent to you.

4) Remove filter baskets, o-rings, and pintle caps. Metal injectors are bead blasted to remove old paint and rust from the injector body.

5) The injectors are placed in a heated ultrasonic bath to insure that the injector is free of dirt and contamenants that could hinder the rest of the process.

6) The injectors are now put into another ultrasonic system while they are pulsed allowing the ultrasonic energy to dislodge any particles and build-up inside the injectors.

7) The injectors are now back flowed to remove all debris, etc.

8) The injectors are now returned to the flow bench for retesting of all functions. The data from this test is returned to you in detail with your injectors.

9) The injectors are now refinished with high temp paint. the stainless steel injectors are polished to a high finish.

10) One of our techs. now reassembles the injector, using all new parts.

11) The injectors are then vac sealed and packaged for shipment along with the old parts.