Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much should i spray?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much should i spray?

i just order a kit and ill be installing it and goin racing next week but i wanna no how much u think i should spray all my mods r in my sig thanx for advice
Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

300 shot
Old 09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

it only goes to 150 and the cars at 159k mile
Old 09-19-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well pretty much any and everyone who has ever said "im only going to spray a XXX shot" ended up bump the pills to something larger after a while. with you being new to Nitrous and having so many miles I would suggest starting with something small to begin with just so you can get used to it and make sure everything is working correctly. it would suck to start out with a big shot and trash a motor the first time out.

this is my second nitrous car, I sprayed close to a 200 on the other but im only going to start with a 75-100 shot for the first couple passes before uping to anything larger. I just finished the install & want to make sure the fuel pump, timing/tune, etc... are going to work with me. lol with this being like the 10th or 12th nitrous install i've done Im sure everything is perfectly fine, I just prefer to be on the safe side of things.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned Village Idiot

100 shot
Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by z28rob18
it only goes to 150 and the cars at 159k mile

It was a sarcastic reply, not really trying to be a dick but we cant do your homework for you, you need to research and figure out what YOU want. In all honesty your general question is like me asking you if I should get mayonaise or mustard, you dont know what I am eating it on what kind of foods I like etc. My best advice would be to call Nitro Dave's or Harris speed works that chimed in on your other thread asking the same question, one of them offered to go over it with you if you went to their shop, that is the BEST thing, then you can go over each piece with them and your preferences and get a build list and a goal to reach.

is the car a daily?
do you like to run **** on the edge or safe?
do you have a good tuner already?
wet or dry?
you wanna spray at the track only or the street too?

so many questions to be asked there is no simple answer...

but if you want just a general answer with no regard to anything about the car and with the lack of info you provided I would go a 100-150. If you are not used to the nitrous start small and work your way up, start with a 75 and start getting used to what it is going to do before you strap on a 150 and end up in the wall.

edit: sorry didnt realize you are 18, not implying you are not intelligent but I know I didn't know much at that age either, seriously go sit down with the guy that offered to go over it with you they specialize in this stuff, you can voice your concerns and how you will use the N20 and they can lead you in the right direction, but again in general START SMALL and get used to it first. If you get it tuned properly and safe it will take a 150, but with that mileage and age I would have some concern, mine I will probably do a 150 at 150K miles just because I dont give a **** lol. ( even though it should be fine )

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 09-19-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Veteran

just noticed 69 Yenko pretty much cliff noted what I said, good advice 69 Yenko.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

also to remember that you need to make sure the fuel system can handle what you want to spray!!!! that is going to be your limit.. I did not see a fuel system upgrade in your sig... But if you do have upgraded fuel, then ignore me......

But you should get 2 bottles filled, and spray a 100 shot on the drive to see if that will be sufficient for the track....
Old 09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
It was a sarcastic reply, not really trying to be a dick but we cant do your homework for you, you need to research and figure out what YOU want. In all honesty your general question is like me asking you if I should get mayonaise or mustard, you dont know what I am eating it on what kind of foods I like etc. My best advice would be to call Nitro Dave's or Harris speed works that chimed in on your other thread asking the same question, one of them offered to go over it with you if you went to their shop, that is the BEST thing, then you can go over each piece with them and your preferences and get a build list and a goal to reach.

is the car a daily?
do you like to run **** on the edge or safe?
do you have a good tuner already?
wet or dry?
you wanna spray at the track only or the street too?

so many questions to be asked there is no simple answer...

but if you want just a general answer with no regard to anything about the car and with the lack of info you provided I would go a 100-150. If you are not used to the nitrous start small and work your way up, start with a 75 and start getting used to what it is going to do before you strap on a 150 and end up in the wall.

edit: sorry didnt realize you are 18, not implying you are not intelligent but I know I didn't know much at that age either, seriously go sit down with the guy that offered to go over it with you they specialize in this stuff, you can voice your concerns and how you will use the N20 and they can lead you in the right direction, but again in general START SMALL and get used to it first. If you get it tuned properly and safe it will take a 150, but with that mileage and age I would have some concern, mine I will probably do a 150 at 150K miles just because I dont give a **** lol. ( even though it should be fine )
for reference sake.. by the time i was 18 i had 2 engines making over 600 at the wheels, one in my stepdads(700+) car the other in my uncles car, both supercharged, both pump gas.. that was like 2002(a bit of an accomplishment back then, standard issue now). one making around 400 rwhp that was mild but was built to last more or less rather than perform that i built when i was 16 - it was driven daily until another daily driver took its place. motors are still fine.. i did a few alcohol small block chevys for this guy that lived down the street and did dirt track racing during about the same age period, and had built my first 10 second car for about 10K bucks total including the car - at age 17. lets not assume all 18 year olds are dumbasses without a clue. my 10 sec ride was nitrous motivated - and yes it was badass being the fastest thing in the highschool parking lot by about 15 car lengths... and being 18 and "dumb"

*i didnt even read the rest of the thread. but my advice is along the lines of others who have commented - when i was your age i still knew to start small and work my way up, because i was smart enough to know i didnt know anything really. its better that way anyhow. i started with a 75 shot. learn to read your plugs, learn to listen to and feel the car.. you'll be ok. if you've taken good care of it the milage is a mute point. nitrous is baller. test it on the street first.. but far away from other motorists/law enforcement. run 93 octane or as high as you can get your hands on, and if your on the stock tune i really wouldnt break 100 - to me thats just asking for it

Last edited by Coreyc619; 09-19-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Coreyc619
for reference sake.. by the time i was 18 i had 2 engines making over 600 at the wheels, one in my stepdads(700+) car the other in my uncles car, both supercharged, both pump gas.. that was like 2002(a bit of an accomplishment back then, standard issue now). one making around 400 rwhp that was mild but was built to last more or less rather than perform that i built when i was 16 - it was driven daily until another daily driver took its place. motors are still fine.. i did a few alcohol small block chevys for this guy that lived down the street and did dirt track racing during about the same age period, and had built my first 10 second car for about 10K bucks total including the car - at age 17. lets not assume all 18 year olds are dumbasses without a clue. my 10 sec ride was nitrous motivated - and yes it was badass being the fastest thing in the highschool parking lot by about 15 car lengths... and being 18 and "dumb"

*i didnt even read the rest of the thread. but my advice is along the lines of others who have commented - when i was your age i still knew to start small and work my way up, because i was smart enough to know i didnt know anything really. its better that way anyhow. i started with a 75 shot. learn to read your plugs, learn to listen to and feel the car.. you'll be ok. if you've taken good care of it the milage is a mute point. nitrous is baller. test it on the street first.. but far away from other motorists/law enforcement. run 93 octane or as high as you can get your hands on, and if your on the stock tune i really wouldnt break 100 - to me thats just asking for it

you quoted me all wrong dude, I never called him dumb. If your gonna quote me at least read the way I wrote it.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
just noticed 69 Yenko pretty much cliff noted what I said, good advice 69 Yenko.
thanks man ,funny how we said close to the samething
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright thanks to all i no u werent callin me dumb but for the record im not and for an 18 year old i no a damn good amount about car im just new to nitrous i was plannin on startin small but i was talkin wit my neighbor who also drives a nitrous car and he was sayin just go for the 150 so i thought id ask. i was sure that without a tune over 100 was risky but felt i could hav been wrong (bein 18) so thank u all for the advice o and id do so street testing b4 the track but u hav to be 19 and hav a certifacate to get a tank filled in nj so i knda cant ill do passes there and bring wat i need to change the jetting
Old 09-19-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Well if you have a good handle on everything but nitrous then just be ready for it to hit the same as a motor car but of course with alot more powaaaaz lol. I have to say nitrous is a blast I had a nitrous set up on my integra and it was more fun than the turbo set up but dealing with bottle pressure and filling the bottle sucked. The best advice I have is read read read, im 28 and still I sit and just read and absorb.

Best of luck to you with your setup. Oh and be ready to buy tires and N20 alot, its addicting as hell especially when you first get it on.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks and ive heard its addicting and i no ill be addicted im a speed freak lol and my neighbor said its lik a car rearending u wen it kits in so im syked
Old 09-19-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

o also about the reading thats y im on this site i sit at work for 8hrs on here and i just read stuff alll day
Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

having nitrous is having an extra passing gear... In what ever gear you are in... LOL
love it....