LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car wont stay running..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont stay running..

last night at scc my car turned off and wouldnt turn back on for 20 mins or so.. and ever since, its been happening, i got it turned back on and it was good all night at the track, but on the way home it felt like i was running out of gas because..i only had 5 gallons at the begining of the night, and thats what i assumed.. than my bud got me gas, it took a few mins but we got it started and i went on my way...than 4 or 5 miles down the road it happens again, so we get it started and it makes it home thank god.. i went out today..just to run some errands and it turns off at the bridge on torrence, same thing...worldn't start up again so i pushed it down the bridge and coasted into a parking lot where i sat for 3 hours trying to figure it out..this is what happened

it starts, thank god! i get out to close the hood, and it turns off! WTF? this happens about 4 other times, than i said **** it, my battery was dead...damnit! so i went and got a drink and had my friend come to jump me.. he comes back about 40-60 mins later and it starts right up, i make it home and let it sit for awhile and it turns off again for no reason.

he says its some kind of stupid security thing, i say its the fuel pump or something electrical, also...i'm sure my EGR valve is bad, but it just makes the idle go up and down sometimes, it isnt much of a problem, maybe its going crazy right now and causing the problem??

thanks for inputs guys.
also: i have a coil pack, and a brand new optispark.

Quick Reply: car wont stay running..