Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about removing water spots with vinegar

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about removing water spots with vinegar

Hey fellas. My girlfriend has a black 05' Mustang with white stripes and it's her daily driver. Car has never been waxed so I wanted to do it for her but DAMN are you talking about some horrible looking water spots. I think they have been baked on over months. I washed it fully and went over every last inch with the claybar and it helped a LITTLE. They are still clearly visible. The car is smooth as a baby's bottom now but you can still see them. So tired 50/50 white vinegar/distilled water but I ran outta daylight and couldnt tell if it removed them or not. My question is though, if it did not can I up the concentration of the vinegar? Thanks

PS. The spots on the white stripes look terrible
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Teching In

bump?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

You may have to use an abrasive product if they've been setting in for a long time. But first, I would definitely try using a paint deoxidizer (basic step one product from both Meguiars and Mothers). That usually does the trick. Then, use a good polish to really blend in everything so even if there still are still water spots, you won't see them.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, you can use the vinegar full strength if necessary, but it sounds like you may have some light etching which will require a polish of some sort to remove.

Quick Reply: Question about removing water spots with vinegar