LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel pump wiring Q..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump wiring Q..

I may have found why I cant get my Racetronix PnP pump to prime/run...The factory harness that enters the tank, at the top, that plugs into my Racetronix iring harness inside the tank...Where the two plug-in, there is a burnt spot on the power wire, where it plugs onto the factory plug..(built into the fuel tank "cap."....How do I test this out? How do I fix this??

Anybody?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinZ
I may have found why I cant get my Racetronix PnP pump to prime/run...The factory harness that enters the tank, at the top, that plugs into my Racetronix iring harness inside the tank...Where the two plug-in, there is a burnt spot on the power wire, where it plugs onto the factory plug..(built into the fuel tank "cap."....How do I test this out? How do I fix this??

Anybody?
We can provide a replacement for the yellow bulkhead connector w/harness. Please contact sales@racetronix.com with this info as well as a picture if possible.

Thanks.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well get a test light and pull the plug off underneath that connects it to the connector inside the car...look and see which one is the plug up for the grey wire( pretty sure that is the power wire) and poke that connection(inside plug)and your light should come on if the relay is doing the initail prime.... once you have found out that it is working or not then you know your relay is good or bad...

ok going to the harness from your body to the tank...again its the same color you poked before. take the test light and jab that wire past where you think its burnt and see if the pwer leads past there....if it doesnt then you know you need to fix that wire or buy a new plug from racetronix...

BTW, you need somebody to hit that key for you every time so you dont have to run and try to beat the prime because you wont beat it....that wire will only power up when the relay is kicked on and priming the system and that is like 4 seconds or something...

now as far as your other wire, that is the other power source...do the same test on that and use your buddy to hit that key... you should have a main power wire and a relay power wire for your pump....check both or the one your having probs with at least
Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok how to fix it is buy a new one or get heat shrink but-connectors and but connector them together....just make sure when you shrink the wires that you dont have fumes near you or fuel on the wires...clean them with a soapy/wet rag and then wipe it off...then shrink them....

Quick Reply: Fuel pump wiring Q..