Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

removal of intake and fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removal of intake and fuel rail

I am trying to remove my intake and fuel rail together because I am changing my heads, is there a tool to disconnect the fuel line, it looks like there is three pongs that hold it on near the fuel rail.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, you can get the tool at any auto parts store, its a generic fuel line disconnect tool.

You can usually buy a nice one that is aluminum, or buy a set of plastic ones that have an assortment of sizes. This will make your life much easier!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

It is easier to just unbolt and unplug the fuel injectors, and just move the whole assembly to the side. I tried using one of those tools and (assuming I had no Idea what I was doing)...I still couldn't disconnect it.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sammyboy
It is easier to just unbolt and unplug the fuel injectors, and just move the whole assembly to the side. I tried using one of those tools and (assuming I had no Idea what I was doing)...I still couldn't disconnect it.
The problem with that is that it will leak all over the place.. invest in the tool and get someone to show you how to use it. It will make your life easier in the long run. This wont be the last time that you will need it