Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Turbo Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default STS Turbo Kit Question

I'm planning on getting the STS Turbo kit that runs 5lbs of boost. It comes with everything including a MSD Fuel Booster, Larger Injectors, and even a Programmer with Custom Tune. My question is, should I get a wide band A/F meter to monitor my air fuel ratio? I'm not at all familiar with Turbo stuff and don't even know how the wideband works. If the Turbo kit comes with its own custom tune shouldn't it have my 2000 WS.6 running at the right A/F ratio when I'm done?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I'm planning on getting the STS Turbo kit that runs 5lbs of boost. It comes with everything including a MSD Fuel Booster, Larger Injectors, and even a Programmer with Custom Tune. My question is, should I get a wide band A/F meter to monitor my air fuel ratio? I'm not at all familiar with Turbo stuff and don't even know how the wideband works. If the Turbo kit comes with its own custom tune shouldn't it have my 2000 WS.6 running at the right A/F ratio when I'm done?
You would only hope that the custom tune is right but there are many variables. It would be wise to get a wideband to monitor the A/F ratio or atleast get it on a dyno to check it out and tweak anything that their custom tune may have left out.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks

Thank for the input, I'll definetley be purchasing a wide band, any suggestions on which one to get?