Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune needed with LS1 Edit please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tune needed with LS1 Edit please help

Hey yall i have LS1 Edit for my car and i need a tune that is as close as possible to having the mods that follow. K&N FIPK, LT headers, 3" ORY-Pipe, Texas Speed Stg 1.5 heads, cam with 595 lift both sides and duration of 224/228 and LSA 114.

If anyone can help me here i will be very thankful but my problem is that i am always reading about EFI live and i do not have that i have LS1 Edit. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance
James
Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody? You cant tell me 28 people that have viewed this post know nothing about tuning.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

I tune my car with LS1Edit also. You must understand that tuning a new combo (heads/cam/exhaust) is fairly straight forward because your combo is not radical. I start by inputting the correct flow rate of the injectors. If they are the factory stock injectors, then never touch the injector table. First thing I tune is the Idle, then the drive around cruising stuff (for drivibility), then tune the WOT. With your new combo, it should not be too difficult to do. Start with the factory tune and go from there. Get the LTFTs to between +5% and -5% by altering the MAF table. Since you do not have a radical car, always run it in Close Loop. Of course, you must have a scanner to tune, so that you can log many engine functions to get direction which way to go with the fueling and timing.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the program loaded on my laptop and i have the connector for the OBD2 so i can run and log while i drive. Can you go into a little more detail about tuning the WOT, idle, drive around crusing stuff. What is LTFT's and how do you alter the MAF table? I know these are alot of questions but i just want it to be somewhat right you know.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not many people use LS1 Edit any more. I used it long time ago. What logging software do you have? You have to know where you are first before making changes.
Are you driving with heads and cam without any tunning? You are probaly running very rich.

Do a search on tuning or look here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/287094-read-me-first-tuning-docs-ve-maf-ses-lights-faqs-more-01-31-07-a.html

Every car is a little different. It can be a long learning process of learning to tune.

Good luck.

Bill
Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Naw iam not driving the car right now and i dont have the package on just yet, i ordered the gaskets last night to do the job.

I am not sure what logging software it has off hand i just started messing with it and i havnt put any tunes in the car yet. The guy who had it before me put in a slight tranny tune thats it.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

To The Top