Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Plug

I picked up a LS1 that came with a GTO Oil pan. There's a little rubber plug that's sitting in the hole for the F-body dipstick tube, that's no longer used.

Does anyone have a picture of how this plug should be installed? Currently it's just sitting in the hole from the outside and seems like it could be blown out fairly easily.

Should I push it through from the inside?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Launching!

its a metal plug. if you are going to use f body dipstick, just pop it down and out bottom of motor while pan is off.if yo are going to use gto stick(in pan) then just leave the plug alone.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by downset71
its a metal plug. if you are going to use f body dipstick, just pop it down and out bottom of motor while pan is off.if yo are going to use gto stick(in pan) then just leave the plug alone.
My block came from a f-body so it didn't come with a plug. I'm use the GTO dipstick instead of the f-body one so I need to close this hole. There was a rubber plug that was sitting in the hole from the previous owner of the block. It sounds like I need to get the metal plug?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Launching!

sorry i mis understood. yes, the factory uses a metal push-in plug.identical in shape to like a freeze-out plug, but much smaller!!!dealer-only???????
Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Launching!

I tried the GM dealer parts guy for the little metal plug that closes-off the dipstick hole in the aft RH side of the FBody block (near the starter motor). The parts guy could not come up with a part number, se we cleaned out the hole with alcohol, and JB-welded an M10x20 cap screw in as a plug. No worries yet; using a modified GTO pan on our LS1.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Teching In

This is what came with my engine.

Quick Reply: Oil Plug