Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Stalls Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Stalls Out

Hey guys I thought i would put this here considering the car started acting this way after my tune...What happens is when i moderately brake for a car turning or mainly a stop light and have the clutch all the way in the car loses all rpms and stalls...The car is in gear, i havnt tried to brake and cluth then take it out of gear before i stop but i dont think i should have to plus im a newb with a 6 speed so this extra move is a little much right now lol. car has 36lb injectors and stock fuel rails/pump if it matters but tuner never said anything about it needing gas. Also the car idles a little high, which the tuner said was about right? so i dont think messing with the bbk throttle body screw is going to help cuz itll sound like i have my foot on the gas just sittin there.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your tuner needs to work on your airflow tables. There are tables that can be utilized to address the extra load put on the engine when turning. And the cracker tables address when coming to a stop. A good tuner should be able to fix your issues...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Throttle Cracker Table.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so this has nothing to do with, this will sound stupid i kno, too much exhaust flow...a couple mustang guys (go figure) said its because my exhaust flows to much and im lacking back pressure...also said its normal and both of their cars do it. Im having a hard time believing this as acceptable thats why i came here... Its a real pain in the *** to hav it stall out after paying 550 for a tune