Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

HELP! 1993 Z28 wont start after dash replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! 1993 Z28 wont start after dash replacement

Ok last month I had a wreck in my 93 Z28 and it blew the air bags. Well Ive been driving the car with blown air bags since then. This past weekend I replaced the dash with one from a parts car. Now the car wont start. All I did was replaced the plastic dash and the air bags. Also all I did was just push the original wiring back and unplugged it then reattached it to the new dash and plugged it all back in. Now the car wont start. Gets power and everything else works, just the car wont attempt to crank up. Took it to a shop Monday and they found Tuesday two broken wires in the column that go to the VATS system, which was the cause of my security light shining for the past 3 months. Well that fixed the security light problem but the car still will not start. I even had a new ignition key made and that didnt work.

I am at a total loss, so is the shop as to why it wont run again. Everything is plugged back up where its suppose to be and it was running fine until I changed the dash and air bags.

Has anyone had this issue before and what could be the problem. HELP PLEASE!?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it crank? If not, I'd bet it's still an alarm issue.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you replace the airbag sensor in the nose of you car just behind the bumper ?

Quick Reply: HELP! 1993 Z28 wont start after dash replacement