Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

So whats the deal MP T76?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So whats the deal MP T76?

I saw the other post got closed but never got conclusive facts whether the turbo used for that test was actually the MP T76 and if it wasn't do we have any info with it on a car yet? I want to see real world number on what it makes and how it performs.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes we did confirm it was the real deal turbo from the customer and the dyno's were the real deal. Also claims of these turbos being only available through 1 sole dealer was also false. Vsracing, B&G, MT INC turbo....etc all of the MP dealers have full access to those turbos.... just visit turbomustangs.com
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Yes we did confirm it was the real deal turbo from the customer and the dyno's were the real deal. Also claims of these turbos being only available through 1 sole dealer was also false. Vsracing, B&G, MT INC turbo....etc all of the MP dealers have full access to those turbos.... just visit turbomustangs.com
Yeah I did some searching my self from the other thread. But for 700 bucks its not a bad turbo But how the other dealer got bent outta shape over the results kinda told me somthing was up. Im not knocking no body but hell lets see some numbers and experiance from this turbo. You cant beat the price but will it perform? Thats the real question.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well judging by the other thread the peformance leaves a little to desire... was there other issues? I was hoping to see and extra 150hp over the T70. Does anyone know if any other manufacturer will bolt up in place of a MP 70/76? right now Im setup for a T70 but really want to get a 76/78mm before I fire it up. if I can get a prescision or a tnetics for a good deal (~1000) and itll bolt up to what I have then I may go that route.

I really hope to see more MP T76 numbers. the price is right....
Old 09-26-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

I think the mp 70 is the same size as the 76 in terms of outer size. I think the 76 is just a 70 with a upgraded wheel and exhaust port. Dont quote me on this just somthing I read. But forceinductions has 76 mm turbos for 1k+. Your best bet is to go to moudular mustang or sommin like that. I like the price of that turbo but I want some real world **** from it. I dont want a sponser to tell me somthing or another turbo vendor just your avarage guy who spen his hard earn money.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is from a sponsor on performance trucks:

NEW Master power T76 coming out shortly!! The Intro pricing on these will be $765 shipped! It is a Masterpower GT45 compressor with a T70 T4 P trim turbine wheel. This is a GREAT turbo designed to fill the need of those needing more then the T70 and looking to make 450 to 975HP
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Does MP have T6 units?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Yeah I did some searching my self from the other thread. But for 700 bucks its not a bad turbo But how the other dealer got bent outta shape over the results kinda told me somthing was up. Im not knocking no body but hell lets see some numbers and experiance from this turbo. You cant beat the price but will it perform? Thats the real question.

Not a bad turbo at all. Just to small on the exhaust side. The backpressure was way up on the car.. He is sending us the turbo to see what we can do if anything with the turbine side. P-trim turbines we never designed to be run on large cube LS1's. Its hard enough to keep backpressure in check with the larger GTQ's and GTS's which are much larger and much more advanced.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy
VS racing has the first batch for 675+shipping. for that price its really hard to beat.... Im just looking for actual results of more detailed info on the one that did get tested..
Just a forged 360ci LS engine running a 6speed and Ebay intercooler (33X12X3) and truck manifolds, 3.5" downpipe.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a forged 360ci LS engine running a 6speed and Ebay intercooler (33X12X3) and truck manifolds, 3.5" downpipe.
Thats discouraging.. do you think it would be better on a LT1 355? 2.5"logs 3" downpipe?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The smaller the motor the better, but backpressure would still be an issue. No way around that small p-trim turbine. Might could swap in a huge A/R turbine from Garrett and get the backpressure down that way. GT makes 1.30A/R's.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've got one coming for my truck to replace the MP T70 .68 AR I have on it now. Unfortunately, this is our last track day with weekend for the winter, so won't be able to get any back to back numbers with it, but will try to get some EFILive logs of the performance differences.

My truck has a forged bottom end LS1 with 317 heads and a small Vinci cam (210/218 .551/,551 116lsa) with my turbo kit on it with a 3"dp and 4" diesel cat back. You can see my best time, but remember this thing weighs 5250 and I'm at 4800' elevation.

Master Power is supposed to be working on a version of this turbo with a S-trim turbine wheel too.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

i got mine on and some tuning...my IAT'S are way down with 10 psi and thats what i wanted from this turbo over the t70...didnt get a dyno but will when i get a chance. also installed my 80e along with yanksc3000 so i really want to see the numbers on this thing...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Not a bad turbo at all. Just to small on the exhaust side. The backpressure was way up on the car.. He is sending us the turbo to see what we can do if anything with the turbine side. P-trim turbines we never designed to be run on large cube LS1's. Its hard enough to keep backpressure in check with the larger GTQ's and GTS's which are much larger and much more advanced.
OK I see, But dam you make a twin mpt 76 car for the low low. I understand the back pressure and such so this turbo on a 300+ c.i motor will have back pressure issues. How will it work for the import guys and mustang 281? I have two people lookin at this turbo.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 PM
FormerVendor

At the moment that the thread was posted there was only one T76 in the country and I sold it to Bud8fan. VSracing had his first order of 10 units shipped out today. So no you didn't confirm Jack Dr.Turbo

And by the way could you just leave it alone already. This is the 3rd time that you have gone out of your way to trash this turbo. Y???

Lets just play devils advocate for sec..... lets say that you are right for a minute, who cares. Obviously the MP T76 is not going to be the best T76 in the world, duh? But at that price point it is the best bang for someones buck though. Not everyone has a 1000 dollars that they they can budget for just a turbo, why not get the turbo and the wastegate for 1000. Some folks need a deal like this to get the ball rollin' on their builds.

So the real question on everyones mind is how does it perform????
Well here is the answer: 23 units shipped out today, of the units that went to my customers there are a few different configs
DSM AWD 2nd got a T3 .96 a/r hotside
Bud8fan got a T4 .96 a/r
and there is one going on my mustang soon

So 3 completely different engines and 3 dyno sheets that will be seen. Until they are out, we will not know for sure. The other units that are going out are surely going to turn up in a forum with results.

1 last thing I would like to say: If anyone ever buys a turbo from me and is not satisfied by its performance I gaurantee to you that I will refund you 100% of your money back including shipping upon return of the unit in good working condition within the first 30 days. I will personally ensure customer satisfaction no matter the cost. Your happiness and contentment with how I do business is paramount to whether I make money or not, because without that I have no business.

Thank you for reading,

Rob@modularturbo
Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
At the moment that the thread was posted there was only one T76 in the country and I sold it to Bud8fan. VSracing had his first order of 10 units shipped out today. So no you didn't confirm Jack Dr.Turbo

And by the way could you just leave it alone already. This is the 3rd time that you have gone out of your way to trash this turbo. Y???

Lets just play devils advocate for sec..... lets say that you are right for a minute, who cares. Obviously the MP T76 is not going to be the best T76 in the world, duh? But at that price point it is the best bang for someones buck though. Not everyone has a 1000 dollars that they they can budget for just a turbo, why not get the turbo and the wastegate for 1000. Some folks need a deal like this to get the ball rollin' on their builds.

Well here is the answer: 23 units shipped out today, of the units that went to my customers there are a few different configs
Bud8fan got a T4 .96 a/r

So 3 completely different engines and 3 dyno sheets that will be seen. Until they are out, we will not know for sure. The other units that are going out are surely going to turn up in a forum with results.

1 last thing I would like to say: If anyone ever buys a turbo from me and is not satisfied by its performance I gaurantee to you that I will refund you 100% of your money back including shipping upon return of the unit in good working condition within the first 30 days. I will personally ensure customer satisfaction no matter the cost. Your happiness and contentment with how I do business is paramount to whether I make money or not, because without that I have no business.

Thank you for reading,

Rob@modularturbo

Sounds good thats what Im looking for. But to my understanding this turbo shoud make a stang scream. My buddy has a built 281 just lookin for a turbo to finsh out his build please PM me on the details of your stang.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Thank you for reading,

Rob@modularturbo
Old 09-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Banned

Parish and the fairmount runs a MP70 turbo. the smaller version of this turbo and that car has gone low 9s on a stock 5.3!!!

stock48 has ran the mp70 on this 6.0 and went 10.6 in colorado in his 4x4 RCSB sierra. the 76 will only work better
Old 09-27-2008, 01:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 7845
Parish and the fairmount runs a MP70 turbo. the smaller version of this turbo and that car has gone low 9s on a stock 5.3!!!

stock48 has ran the mp70 on this 6.0 and went 10.6 in colorado in his 4x4 RCSB sierra. the 76 will only work better
"Common sense" very rare these days.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bud8fan got a T4 .96 a/r

Thank you for reading,

Rob@modularturbo
Where did we trash the product???.....we just wrote that the unit was a good bang for the buck for what it is. Can you not read?? Also like we said before, the unit was purchased by the customer on his own! We did not sell the unit to him nor did we care what unit he ran. He just came to us for some odd and end parts and help. Also its obvious you don't pay attention much to comp and turbine maps . Putting a larger compressor wheel on a already small turbine does not magically fix a problem, plain and simple. . Do you for one minute actually think that if someone comes to us or to any of the reputable shops on this board ,to buy a T76 turbo for a LS1 or anything wanting to make some big power, that we or they would tell that person to opt for a P-trim turbine wheel?? That would be plain dumb....and I think everyone on this board knows this no matter if its a MP, Tnetic, PTE, BW, Garrett, Holset, IHI...etc.Also the numbers were numbers...you can argue with them till your blue in the face, that is what the unit did.

Quick Reply: So whats the deal MP T76?