LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bbk underdrive pulley question

Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bbk underdrive pulley question

so i installed this about a month ago and my alternator charges are like really low. understandably this is to happen when installing the bbk underdrive pulley as that is what it is supposed to do, but is there anyway to get my charges back up to normal by keeping this on?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shutzero
so i installed this about a month ago and my alternator charges are like really low. understandably this is to happen when installing the bbk underdrive pulley as that is what it is supposed to do, but is there anyway to get my charges back up to normal by keeping this on?
Sure, get the alternator pulley For our cars it would be a 2 piece underdrive kit, crank and alternator. Older, and non LT cars, would be a 3 piece being the crank, alt and water pump. Most vehicles get the power gain from the reduction due to the drag on the water pump, not the alternator. So in reality, on our cars there's not much of a reason to get one except the benefit of having less rotating mass on the crank. Ideally, you'd get a hub+underdrive all-in-one, which frees up even more rotating mass.

Basically, you need this guy
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

(If you can still, return that BBK and get that one, $68 is the BBK through summit, and $75 for the 2 piece!)
Old 09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

march sells a good set too....i have them on my car and i have no complaints

Search this Thread