What direction should I go?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What direction should I go?

Should i go with Heads, cam & tuning?
Cam, Stall & tuning?
Cam, LT's & tuning?

or something completely different? Basically i have about 2500 i can spend at this point but im utterly confused as to what i want to do right now...so many options with about the same results.

Thanks
Bill
Old 09-09-2003, 03:39 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: What direction should I go?

i'd go with cam,stall, LT, & tuning if possible. i have an m6 but every a4 guy i talk to says a stall was one of the best mods they did.

do you have to pass emmission at all, that would effect what kinda combo you can go with too.

also is this your daily and how streetable do you want it. and any particular numbers or times your lookin for?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: What direction should I go?

i have emissions in NJ its the plug in inspection though so with ls1 edit i might be able to get around most of it...though the verdict on that is not in yet since its pretty new to everyone few have gone through it and reported back. Personally I like your opinion its just a money issue at this point figure thats probably 3K for parts and labor not including tuning...which is a little high...hey but if you can spare the extra 2 grand im down
well with the 2500 i have id like to be in the 114mph trap speed range or around 370 at the wheels but if i get the stall i kinow that # is gonna drop off a bit...to be honest dyno #'s arent really important to me...it has to be my daily driver but i only drive 1 mile to work so thats not a big concern but the occasional stop light to stop light thing is what id like to win at...It just seems like a cam and stall would be great down at the track as ive seen cars cut over a second off with stock heads and those two mods which is great but around town i would have to think both dont really help...ive been staring at the patriots for a while now but with the issues theyve had with the springs and the fact that cam only cars can be quick has kinda made me take a second glance. LT's are my last concern to be honest as they are pretty pricey for what they are I know that you can make decent power with them but usually with a cam but for the price of them plus if id need a catted ypipe your talking 2 grand alone for some headers/ypipe and install ouch! Anywayz thats my deal thats what im thinking

lata
Bill

Search this Thread