Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sts trubo tune advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default sts trubo tune advice

Here is a log of a 3rd gear pull let off a bit soon. I am spraying water meth 50/50 and running 7psi stock internals. Think I can bump the timing a bit and make some more power. I don't know if i should push it with the stock piston ring gaps being so tight.Should I try and lean it out a bit more and spray more water meth.Should I bump the timing a bit or crank the boost a psi or 2 What usually makes more power. I am running an intercooler and the iat is measured before the meth injection. Any suggestions would be great. I raced a c6 with bolt ons and didn't pull on him as hard as I would have liked.I know my car is heavier but still...
it wouldn't let me upload the config file so the wideband setup is v out x2+10

Thanks,C
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
run2.hpl (128.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: hpt
best_tune_pulled_from_pcm.hpt (441.4 KB, 72 views)
Old 09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10.5 deg timing ? Why so low? You should be able to run considerably more than that. If you 'know' your car, you should be able to feel a degree or two's worth. I would think that you would be able to get away with 16-19 at WOT without too much trouble if your AFR is good.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do I look at his log file? do I have to save it then look at by opening my hp scanner and loading it?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

The file is hp tuners. Afr is in the log file good mid 11's bounces around a bit like the maff signal. Not sure if I should spray more meth or what. I guess I will try a few more things and see if it makes a difference. The prob around at the track here is the wait between runs is close to an hour cause people run their Trackers down the track at 21 seconds. And they won't let me run on the fast nights cause no roll bar.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

No offense my friend, but I see a few glaring problems in your tune. Fixing these will help your problems.

1. You are commanding a 12.3x AFR at WOT according to the PE table. You need to be commanding a value of 11.1 to 11.6 to 0, which translates to a PE value of 1.318 to 1.261. The fact that the car is running in the mid-11's is a testament to either too much voltage compensation on the MAF or the meth. Based on the Ve tables I saw, I'd guess it's the meth saving your engine.

2. I have a 2-bar SD operating system, so your log was "off" in the MAP values. How much boost are you running? At even 5PSI, you want to consider the 2-bar SD program. The car will transition to boost much better.

3. You have knock at 2800RPM and .45g/cyl. The tune is asking 32 degrees timing at this value. That is too much. Dumb that down to 28 -29. Your part-throttle values are mirror-images of an aggressive NA tune. You're asking to roast a piston with that. On the flip side, you have the timing dumbed down to 11-12 degrees at higher g/cyl values at WOT. That's way too little and why the car is running like a dog compared to the C6 you raced. You should be able to run 16-20* timing. You need to check this against the knock tables nd also change the PE values to something in the range I mentioned previously before adding the timing.

4. Systematically begin to change the values as mentioned above and you should feel the power increase. I noted that your Ve tables look stock. You need to place the car in SD mode and set those properly, as your LTFT's are showing positive numbers, even with the car in MAF mode. After that is set, record the MAF freq values and set those accordingly with the car back in MAF mode. Increase the timing after setting the fuel trims to the point where you begin to get knock, then turn it down a notch from there.

Good luck
Old 09-28-2008, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

You are correct most of the tune is stock.The maf table and ve tables are all stock. I thought the ve tables were there as a back up and once it is in boost it can't use them anyway cause the map sensor is topped out. As for the maff table I assumed it was a calibrated meter x amount of air through it = a certian frequency so no need to mess with it. Maybe I am totaly out to lunch here. I was only messing around with the injector flow rate tables to get everything in line. As you can see I am a bit out still with the commanded and what is displayed on the wideband. it runs around 11.8-12:1 without spraying water/meth. I am running a .5 bar spring in the wastgate so around 7psi up at the engine. Running racetronix 42's. I think I should probably upgrade to the 2 bar tune. Here is another run with more timing and more meth.I hit the rev limither going into 4th so I think that is false knock it isn't there on the second pull but then there is some going into second. Thanks for the input. I 'll try some of that stuff tomorrow if it's nice out. I have to do some sort of catch can I am getting a bit of oil from the breather valve.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
run more timing mre meth.hpl (109.1 KB, 44 views)