Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake bleeders.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake bleeders.

I'm looking into getting the Earls speed bleeders. Try to make bleeding brakes at the track a little easier. Anyone have comments on these? How did they work for you? Also I'm away from the car and can't for the life of me remember how many bleeder screws are on my car....

Thanks guys.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

I bought mine from WS6store.com
4 wheels, 4 calipers, 4 bleeders but the front and rears are different
they worked great and did the bleeding myself with no problem
Old 09-28-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

When I did my C5 brake upgrade I swapped the stock bleeders with Earl's on all four corners.

Bleeding was the simplest thing I've ever done, and I did it alone. I purchased one of those plastic bottles with a hose and attached the hose to the bleeder, starting passenger rear. I opened the bleeder about a 1/4 turn, got into the car, pushed the brake pedal down slowly to the floor, let it come up, and did that two more times. I got out of the car and looked at the clear hose and saw brake fluid interspersed with gaps of air. Went back into the car and repeated the earlier procedure. After one more go round I looked at the clear hose and it was just filled with brake fluid. I tightened the bleeder screw and went to the next brake, driver's rear, then passenger front, then driver's front, and I was done. It took maybe 20 minutes.

I used two quart sized bottles of GM brake fluid. Before bleeding, I took a turkey baster and sucked-out as much old fluid as I could without emptying the MC completely, then I topped it off with fresh fluid before bleeding. I would recommend Earl's bleeders to anyone.

Last edited by Predator; 09-28-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a worth while purchase. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like to use the Motive Pressure bleeder. This way I can monitor the fluid coming out of the car and be sure there are no bubbles. I've also heard that the road racers have a problem with the speed bleeders leaking under high brake loads, so that was good enough for me to stay away from them.