Gave the car a wash+claybar+wax treatment

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Gave the car a wash+claybar+wax treatment

WARNING WARNING
pics of a 10 year old beat up V6 camaro ahead

I know it isn't LSx powered, and I know that some people here look down on the sixers, but hey at least I'm in the fbody camp and I do plan to get LSx powered as soon as I can, just I'm in college and can't afford to right now.

Little history on the car...I bought the Camaro a little over a year ago when I had practically no money at all and my old car rusted away and fell apart (whole suspension was shot). It was a 93 taurus so hey I'm at least a step in the right direction now It was abused before I got it, ended up being a bad buy because I've put too much money into repairing all the things that have gone wrong but oh well, too late now. Anyway, it looked like it hadn't had a coat of wax for years, the driver fender was all broken up, covered by a bra, and was scratched up pretty bad in some spots, mostly on the passenger side. I replaced the driver fender, the bumper is still cracked but that's for another day or I may replace the car before I get to that. It certainly is no show car, but it looks the best it has in a LONG time. After the clay bar the paint looks and feels so much better. It was a cloudy day but the sun peaked out later on just long enough for me to see how much the paint can still sparkle now but short enough I couldn't go grab the camera in time.

This is my first time using a clay bar. Also it was my dad's point-n-shoot Canon A510, my nicer camera was still at school.

How it looked the day I bought it

What it looked like under that bra - pretty isn't it...

Taken just this Saturday after wash, claybar, and wax

Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN! That claybay did wonders for your drivers side fender!! Where can i get one? My front bumper needs fixin lol. All jokes aside the car looks great man.

Last edited by Black02SLPSS; 09-28-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks 100x better
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good work!

Quick Reply: Gave the car a wash+claybar+wax treatment