Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Guaging interest in this 99 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guaging interest in this 99 t/a

Hey guys,
I'm in the market for another LS1 and have found a decent vehicle(i assume). I found another 99 t/a on autotrader.com, like the one i use to have, but I have found a few pro's and con's in it and want your input, double check so to speak...heres what I have...

PROS:
*after market exhaust (looks like a corsa or borla)
*after market lid (mti maybe?)
*looks like a hurst shift ***
*diamond plating in the inside of the side skirt i guess

CONS:
*the seat belt guides on the head rests are missing
*if you look at the pic of the car from the passenger side, head on, the driver side daytime running light is out(my 99 did it ALOT)
*when you look at the dash, the car seemed like it was on and the engine light was on
*$1000 more then KBB
*also, i can't remember, but if the day time running lights were on, wouldn't the tail lights be on? I'm just assuming the lights were cut on DAY TIME, sense at least 1 of the pics had it on

I will provide the links. just want a few opinions...

link to the car itself
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&cardist=83%3E

KBB suggested retail (excellent condition)
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...C227365%7Ctrue

let me know what you all think!!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks lowered and its got 17" WS6 wheels. i also like the silver overlays. its got an aftermarket MAF as well. the tips look like hooker. it looks good.

the engine is running and the SES lights on. i cant believe a dealership is selling a car with the engine light on. also the running light being out too. come on do they even do inspections?

the price is kinda high. yeah its got low miles but for that price it should be pristine and in excellent condition. if they arent willing to go lower in price i'd find another one.

EDIT: i paid 12k for my 99 WS6 with 95k miles just to give an idea of what 12k buys.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Launching!

i hear ya. i didnt even notice then MAF, etc, but i was using my iTouch so yea. I emailed them and waiting for an email back, but im going to let them know the things I found. I def wont pay that price for that car. The car will have a running light, i nspection, and the light off before I would buy it. I know they do inspections and all that good stuff, i visited the actual site to check it all out. Maybe they are slacking or they took the pics before they did what they should. Here is a link to the dealership
www.IMPORTSOFTIDEWATER.COM
Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 AM
TECH Junkie

I dunno, I think I would pass. Your cons outweigh the pros and your pros aren't all that they are cracked up to be. Lid? So what. Diamond plating? Who cares. Hurst ****? So? I can't really tell what exhaust that is but it certainly isn't a Borla or Corsa. It's probably a cheap catback like Hooker or SLP.

Keep looking, you'll find something better with better mods. Maybe one that's already cammed!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Launching!

yea i know where you are coming from. i'm still looking in to it and still doing my research on this and other cars reguardless... thanks for the input thus far
Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the car is over-priced.....you should offer them 9k and point out the problems you have found.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these days fbodies are becoming harder and harder to find. when i found my current one, red, dark leather, t-tops, 6 speed, ls1, ws6. it was everything i wanted. so i was willing to pay a bit more even though the leather was ripped and a sunvisor was missing, etc. thats one thing to consider when shopping.

if youre looking for a pewter sleek beak then maybe this one's for you if theyre willing to fix a few of the problems.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Launching!

she emailed me back from last night, then i emailed again, calling her out on some things..no response, i wasnt a dick either, politly let her knew what was wrong AND what i liked, didnt even mention a price..prob move on
Old 09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NADA is more accurate than KBB. If it's $1k over KBB then it's probably $6K over NADA!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Launching!

LOL...yea i hear you. i actually found another car im looking at, although it is a camaro, i think it is a good deal... 2002 z28, 6 speed, borla exhaust, new tires and zo6 clutch, 38k miles for $11200. I'm going o try to jump on that

Quick Reply: Guaging interest in this 99 t/a