Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS7 Injectors on LS1 intake

Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 Injectors on LS1 intake

Hey all,

From my understanding, the LS7 injectors will not work on the LS1 intake because it is a EV6 instead of EV1. No problem really because I can get the pigtail connectors.

My question.... Is there an adapter out there to extend the length of the LS7 injector to work with the LS1 intake/fuel rail???

I ask because I have a set of LS7 Injectors avaliable, and want to use them on my LS1.

Thanks for any feedback....
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by West1NM
Hey all,

From my understanding, the LS7 injectors will not work on the LS1 intake because it is a EV6 instead of EV1. No problem really because I can get the pigtail connectors.

My question.... Is there an adapter out there to extend the length of the LS7 injector to work with the LS1 intake/fuel rail???

I ask because I have a set of LS7 Injectors avaliable, and want to use them on my LS1.

Thanks for any feedback....
the ls1 uses a ev6 that is 60mm o ring to o ring. The ls7 uses a ev14 with a uscar plug the ls1 uses a jetronic plug.
you can adapt the wiring no problem but the ev14 is 48mm oring to o-ring won't fit and I don't think there is an adapter. Is this what your ls injector looks like?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
the ls1 uses a ev6 that is 60mm o ring to o ring. The ls7 uses a ev14 with a uscar plug the ls1 uses a jetronic plug.
you can adapt the wiring no problem but the ev14 is 48mm oring to o-ring won't fit and I don't think there is an adapter. Is this what your ls injector looks like?
Yes, I believe so... Make sense. I guess i wasn't aware the o-rings were different size.. I think that I will have some LS7 injectors for sale
Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by West1NM
Yes, I believe so... Make sense. I guess i wasn't aware the o-rings were different size.. I think that I will have some LS7 injectors for sale
its not the o ring itself.. its the space between the o rings or the height of the injector. I have a cnc lathe and we are working on adapters. i have the manifold set up that you have in the shop now.. i will let you know how they work after I get done macining the adapter. don't sell them yet
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Banned

you would need adapters like what FAST provides with LS2 conversion kit for FAST intake.

Don't see this being popular option with so many good EV1 injectors available at reasonable prices.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

The FAST adapters are still too short they are for the LS2 inj. which is still taller than the LS7 inj....As Fraser said there are just too many good options.

Nate
Old 09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
The FAST adapters are still too short they are for the LS2 inj. which is still taller than the LS7 inj....As Fraser said there are just too many good options.

Nate
aye, LS7 injectors are teeny. We can provide options of injectors up to 150lb @ 3bar if you need
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Teching In

its not the o ring itself.. its the space between the o rings or the height of the injector. I have a cnc lathe and we are working on adapters. i have the manifold set up that you have in the shop now.. i will let you know how they work after I get done macining the adapter. don't sell them yet
Ya, I would definately be interested in the adapters if you can make it work. I am sure others among the LS community would be too... Thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so does this mean i can reuse all my fuel system parts (ls1 style injectors rails etc..) on a ls7 intake? reason i ask is i wanna go the ls7 topend route but dont want to have to swap out all my already invested fuel system for the ls1
Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

I have the same problem as this gentelmen, do you have an adaptor made yet for using the ls7 style injector on an ls1 style engine. I will be using a fast intake for your information.

Thansk
Old 02-11-2009, 07:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 415470hp
I have the same problem as this gentelmen, do you have an adaptor made yet for using the ls7 style injector on an ls1 style engine. I will be using a fast intake for your information.

Thansk
the adapters are done.. they look great and work perfectly, we also have the plug and play wire adapters. Now, you can put the newest design Bosch into any rail configuration as a plug and play
Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
so does this mean i can reuse all my fuel system parts (ls1 style injectors rails etc..) on a ls7 intake? reason i ask is i wanna go the ls7 topend route but dont want to have to swap out all my already invested fuel system for the ls1
You can use LS1 injectors on an LS7 intake and rail combo but it will jack your rail up a considerable amount. It looks weird, but if you don't care, it will work.

Shane
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tta656
Bringing back an old thread....

I have a set of 8 LS7 injectors from a 2009 Z06 with about 5k miles,,pm me for a cheap price...
Good one, jackass.

Back on (old) topic, Fuel Injector Connection now sells a very nice adapter for lengthening those tiny LS3/LS7 injectors. It even uses a factory style locking clip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS7 Injectors on LS1 intake