Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some input

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some input

I just finished a 7 hours installation/maintenance on my 02 Formula M6 (103k mils). I did the following tonite:

Maintenance:
1) Change motor oil/filter
2) Change tranny fuild (M6)
3) Change fuel filter

Installation:
1) 1LE 32mm front swaybar with poly bushing and poly endlink (2-7/8" spacer)
2) Replace rear swaybar bushing with poly bushing and poly endlink (Stock spacer)
3) Installed double adjustable panhard bar (both bushing ends, eBay non-sponsor brand)
4) Installed Koni 4/4 DA
5) Installed Vogtland lowering spring
6) Non-adjustable LCA (eBay non-sponsor brand)

Everything went smooth, pretty much I did everything by myself on a shop rack (1st time work on F-body suspeion). The spring sit correctly, I've the real mechanic check it. B4 I take it out, I double checked every bolt/nut. Everything is good until I drove it out. When I went through some uneven surface, there's some random noise. It sound like something is loose. The noise is coming from everywhere, front and rear under the car. Once I'm on freeway, the noise is not so noticable (even surface I guess). I'm going back to the shop tomorrow and inspect what happen. But b4 that, I've some questions:

1) What specific area I should pay more attention to check?
2) What size swaybar endlink spacer you guys run? I read something about the swaybar endlinks. I feel uncomfortable running 3" spacer when I've 1.5 inch drop. This is what I mean:

3) Is it ok that I re-used front top mount? I also re-used the rear spring top rubber. I used the new rear shock bushing from Koni tho.
4) Should I give it some time to "SETTLE"? I read that's not necessary.
5) In case I don't find any loose part/bolt/nut, then what's next???? Take everything out install again!?!?!

Any input welcome. Thanx a million
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Check to make sure the LCA and PHB bolts are really tight. What did you torque them down to? Sometimes those can get a bit loose.

Did you grease all of your poly bushings?

Aside from that, how were those ebay specials built? If they are all rod ends, what kind of rod ends did they use? Are you getting a clunking sound?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used shop airtool to tighten everything. That damn MAC gun is so strong I'm afriad it'll break something. LOL

I greased everything. The quality of the LCA and the PHB is not cheap, compare to sponsor items (I've seem both). I used all bushing end tho.