Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Mod money, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod money, opinions?

Ok so I have decided to keep my 02 z28, and now have about 5K to put into the car for mods. I'm going to do full exhaust *long tubes, y pipe, to my magnaflow catback + an e-cutout*, full suspension *koni's, strano springs,etc...*. And then i'm going to throw in a Yank ss3600. This is where i'm lost. After the exhaust, and suspension, I should have about another 2kish to play with. What would you guys do next? Cam? a fast 90/90? If i raised my limit to 6k, what would you do with the 3k? Any opinions would help because i'm all over the place and not sure on what I'd like to do.

Also, this car is my daily driver. I am not concerned with gas mileage per say, but i don't want to throw in an ms3 and get 10mpg around town.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

A smart choice would be to go with a 12 bolt or 9" rearend. Get a spare set of wheels and throw some DR's on them. If you have any money left over I'd probably either toss in a mild cam and get a tune or run N20. The smarter choice after getting a rear would probably be set the money back for when you tranny blows or have it built up when you put the stall in.

Over the years, I've been though 2 700r4's and 1 T-56. The 4l60e is essentually just a modernised 700r4. Start throwing power at a stock one and beating on it, it will blow. Been there, done that.

It's really up to you though. I know spending money on go fast parts would be more "fun", but if a rear or tranny breaks after the fact, your screwed. Just something to think about.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

+1 for Dyosis. Build your car to handle anything for later. example: forged internals, built tranny, 12bolt rear end, ect. at the time it wont seem like a good investment because you wont increase horsepower or torque, BUT in the long run your car will be more reliable and last much long even with "zoom zoom" aftermarktet add ons