Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A couple quick questions

First, does anybody know where I can get the connectors for the underhood fuse block? I want to be able to run all new wiring, without splicing the old. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. (just the metal clip) I've tried Radio Shack and Advanced Auto with no success.

Also, I just want to clarify this, connector C100 doesnt actually plug into anything right? Just into itself? Looking through the wiring diagrams it appears it just merges wires from the various senors to go to either the fuse block of PCM. Just about have all my connectors to start making up my harness, except C100, since I wasnt 100% sure which one it was when I was at the JY. Thanks for the help all.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had that same problem. I was looking for crimp connectors for standard Ford relays, and they looked just like your picture.

I had some old spade terminal connectors I found in the garage that ended up working for me. They weren't exactly right but held in the sockets fine.

I never did source a supply of ends that looked like your picture. You could probably reuse the old ones if you solder the new leads directly to the old crimp.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

Those ends are metripack 150 series. I bought just about ALL my connectors and terminals from keefeperformance.com. I found them by searching for Packard 56 terminals, which is what my "old" car has for terminals at the firewall junction block. Lots of places sell them though. Make sure you get the 150 series, becuase as you go higher, they are rated for more amps, and I don't think they mate with different series.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for the website.

I looked for days and came up blank.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried Casper Electronics
http://www.casperselectronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

or Current Performance ? If you don't see it on there Web site Catalog, give them a call, they might just not list them online.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Allied or Mouser electronics shoul have the connectors you seek. I use both companies here at work and they are top notch.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Awesome, thanks guys!

Quick Reply: A couple quick questions