Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoid ground help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solenoid ground help

Ok I'm installing my nitrous again this time I do not have coil packs over the heads, have no egr, air system, or cpu harness and want to do it cleaner this time without really using wire loom. So far i cleanly did the fuel side ground, and the other wire for the fuel and nitrous solenoid and the one side of the purge solenoid. My issue is where to ground the nitrous and purge solenoid. Last time i ran it over to the shock tower but dont want to cross the gap. The nitrous line is going to be in the fender coming out by the battery and plumbed up to the solenoid.
Current engine bay pic for reference

previous nitrous set up

What do you think of putting one of the egr bracket bolts back in and grounding it there?
Should I plumb it up to one of the ground bolts on the front support brackets?
What other ideas?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Can't see your pics because of work filters...but all my grounds go to one of the bolts for the coolant crossover tubing front of the passenger head.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:57 PM
8 second mod

i run my grounds to the back of the heads, there are 4 holes in the back of the head, just like the front, i go to one of those. its a tight squeeze and not easy to get to, but it hides the wires better then anything else, its under the cowl and looks 100% mint.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i run my grounds to the back of the heads, there are 4 holes in the back of the head, just like the front, i go to one of those. its a tight squeeze and not easy to get to, but it hides the wires better then anything else, its under the cowl and looks 100% mint.
I agree. Simply the best place to ground a device is where all of your engine sensors are grounded at.

Nick

Quick Reply: Solenoid ground help