Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

will stock sway bar on 9 inch help with traction?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will stock sway bar on 9 inch help with traction?

My question is that i am looking to put the stock sway bar on the car with the 9 inch. i have been running the 9 inch for about a year with out a sway bar, but my question is if i put the stock sway bar on will it help at all with traction on the street vrs. no sway bar.?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by starbucks
My question is that i am looking to put the stock sway bar on the car with the 9 inch. i have been running the 9 inch for about a year with out a sway bar, but my question is if i put the stock sway bar on will it help at all with traction on the street vrs. no sway bar.?

A stock rear sway bar while not the perfect is going to help with traction. What the rear sway bar is going to do is help prevent body roll when you are trying to launch the car.

When A car has body roll the rear tires are not both equally loaded which is going to effect starting line traction.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

I agree.

If you are not running a bar to save weight, there are hollow rear bars that minimize the pounds you carry around. My 22mm hollow rear is about 5 lbs. less than a stock GM 19mm rear bar, and about 33% stiffer than the GM bar. We also have hollow 25's as well.

Seeing as you have none, if you can get a stock bar on (read cheap) do it. Then decide if you want more bar/less weight.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

awesome guys thanks for the reply i will be ording a drag bar soon but will put the stock bar on for now.