Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech Supercharger/92mm FAST Intake/TB, 100mm TSP MAF, Tuning help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Vortech Supercharger/92mm FAST Intake/TB, 100mm TSP MAF, Tuning help needed!

Stock block 346 and NO cam upgrades. All stock homeboy! Lol

List of mods:

Moser 9" (gear ratio needs to be tuned to 3:75)
Walbro fuel 255gph in-tank fuel pump
built 4l60e transmission with 2700-2900 stall
vortech v-9 supercharger kit with intercooler, 8-9psi pulley, and 38# fuel injectors (I have tuned the computer using the provided vortech tune)
92mm F.A.S.T. LSX throttle body
92mm F.A.S.T. LSX intake manifold
100mm Texas Speed Mass Air Flow sensor
160 degree thermostat

Will post copy of current tune once I get with the tuner.

Everything is installed except the supercharger kit (although I have installed the above in-tank fuel pump and vortech provided 38# fuel injectors). I should be done installing the remainder of the supercharger kit in the next 2 weeks. For testing purposes, I did use the vortech tuner on my vehicle before I installed anything, and it ran pretty horrible with a lot of hesitation (as expected). My concern is that my car may not run well after everything's been installed. For example, I'm not sure if the new intake, maf, or tb will conflict with the vortech tune or my walbro in-tank fuel pump. The vortech kit came with an outside in-line fuel pump that I did not install because I have the walbro one. It's possible that the vortech tune might be expecting a stock maf, intake, and throttle body and the customer to be using their in-line fuel pump.

Question: If any of you have a similar build/setup please post up or email tune to bill.mochel.BUW8@statefarm.com even if you have a portion of these mods. I am having trouble tuning for the intake/TB/MAF at this time.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the v9 also and it has been running fine for 3 years on the superchip tune, I have been using the outside fuel pump and running at 60 to 65psi at all times with no problems also I have a 80mm bbk throttle body that works fine but causes a slight misalighnment with supercharger and aftercooler secondary to the spacer that you use on the tb. I think your problem is the MAF, I also tried an aftermarket MAF and the car didn't run well but ran fine with the stock MAF. There is really no need for an aftermarket MAF with this system. Also if you have the stock TB use it the system fits in your car better or you are going to have to get some longer sleeves than vortech supplies.