Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

So anyone tried the new aps intake ducts yet? Any higher boost dyno numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default So anyone tried the new aps intake ducts yet? Any higher boost dyno numbers?

Well I don't have much time left to see if want to go to the bigger turbos or stick to the base kit ones..Once they get installed obviously don't expect APS to take them back on trade for same money as if upgrade them now uninstalled.But am installing engine and kit pretty much in next few days.

So anyone get the new ducts yet? Anyone have any dyno runs at higher boost say 15psi? I need to know what I can get if the tubes are not collapsing on a 402 or 408 like my engine.

All it would take to at least see what they could do is to dyno with no intake tube on there or filters possibly direct on the turbo.

Was hoping someone would have tried this by now.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I question whether they even exist...I sent an e-mail to APS and two PM's to Peter trying to buy them, got no response whatsoever.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Thats a bit of a bummer..was hoping to see some people running them and taking their 402 and 408s to higher boost levels.I would really like to see what the smaller snails can put out at 15,18 up to maybe 20psi max. Likely will be content to run 12 to maybe 15psi tops on the smaller system as betting that would give more power than any sane street car can use.Still its nice to know what things can do potentially.

From my instructions it appears easy to get to the intake tubes if you have no sway bar on the car and mine will be off for awhile as would need to space it ,if even can get the big hotchkis bar to work on there. Its pretty darn fat.

So should be simple enough to swap out the intake tubes if decide to get the upgraded ones ,if they do in fact have them. I would try phoning APS directly even with the time change.set alarm and wake up and phone.That might work better.

I am going to try to figure out some stints and stuff shortly. Should be installing those parts of the kit hopefully next week if get the engine in over next four or five days.
Its coming along pretty good.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JM(something) is suppost to have a set. but he never says anything aobut it
Old 10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I thought Jm had a set. I think he is too busy with his vette and he did say he was pretty happy with his current aps numbers.9 at near 140 is pretty awesome.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if you have to fab a set of inlets up, it is nothing compared to the fab work required with a lot of the other turbo kits on the market. Once you have everything in place, I am sure you can come up with something. Should you have to? No, but the APS kit is the easiest one we have installed so far. Bob

Quick Reply: So anyone tried the new aps intake ducts yet? Any higher boost dyno numbers?