PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

part throttle miss, possible o2 problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default part throttle miss, possible o2 problem?

recently my car has developed a very small part throttle miss in 1st and 2nd gear right around 3500 rpms. its is relatively small and can be driven right through, and at WOT everything is normal.

normally when i first start my car, its will surge for about 5-10 seconds then find idle. i always try to let it warm up fully before i drive it and i think i have noticed that this miss only occurs if i dont let the car warm up fully before i hit the road. the miss also has a tendency to stay there, as in if it misses right when i accelerate its going to miss the whole time im driving, if not then itll be fine. i only does it about 20% of the times i drive the car

i have no SES lights or codes and havent had a chance to hook it up to a scanner yet but im leaning towards o2 sensors. the are stock (103k) miles and i have a feeling they arent heating up fully if i dont let the car get to temp before i drive it. plugs are tr6's with under 3k on them and wires are taylors with under 10k on them

any thoughts, guesses

thanks
Old 10-04-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ryan. Check the plugs and O2's. If you don't have a code and they aren't switching properly, this could be your problem. I am not sure what resources you have, but I'd put the car in open loop and drive it. If it doesn't have the miss then I'd lean toward faulty O2's. If it is there, then it could be a lean spot (if you have a wideband available).
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is doing the same thing at about 40ish. gs 3000 miles wires original about 54000 miles. i just got the tranny back in. code set for p0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) also can hear an exhaust leak.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

curious what it could be